Dead Space Wont Start

by DemonicMurderer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space Wont Start

★ Novice

Dead Space wont start. im on windows 10. i have restarted, reinstalled origins and dead space and nothing.

Message 1 of 8 (3,210 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space Wont Start

Community Manager

@DemonicMurderer

Thanks.

Right click and run the following setups as an administrator (in your case, D:\ rather than C:\):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space\__Installer\vc\vc2005sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe

Please also try the following checks and updates:

If none of these steps help then please post your Dxdiag report and we can take a look:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (3,260 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DemonicMurderer

With the combination of an older game and a newer operating system, running the game in Compatibility Mode is sometimes required:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-do-i-check-windows-recommended-compatibility/

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (3,186 Views)

★ Novice

if you can think of it i have tried it. i have also tried to run dead space 2 and 3 they wont run as well i have also reinstalled origin and the games and nothing

Message 3 of 8 (3,179 Views)

Community Manager

@DemonicMurderer

It will be helpful if we could see some more info on the game crashes, these will be logged by the Windows Reliability Monitor:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Open Security and Maintenance.
  3. Expand the Maintenance Category, then select “View Reliability history” under the heading that reads “Check for solutions to problem reports.”

In the graph click on the most recent X symbol that corresponds to the DS crash, in the details below right click the event and 'view technical details', copy and paste that info here please.

Please also post any error message you may see onscreen when you attempt to start the game, thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 8 (3,173 Views)

★ Novice

Source
Dead Space.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎12/‎1/‎2016 10:00 PM

Status
Not reported

Description
Faulting Application Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space\Dead Space.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Dead Space.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.222
Application Timestamp: 48dbcf01
Fault Module Name: StackHash_eaa1
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: PCH_CA_FROM_ntdll+0x0006E2CC
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: badc0de1
OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: eaa1
Additional Information 2: eaa10b1bc022d18dc3b9aec619c4badb
Additional Information 3: 1244
Additional Information 4: 1244addd0ad44644d0a41c2cb7a2dc21

Message 5 of 8 (3,163 Views)

Community Manager

@DemonicMurderer

Thanks.

Right click and run the following setups as an administrator (in your case, D:\ rather than C:\):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space\__Installer\vc\vc2005sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe

Please also try the following checks and updates:

If none of these steps help then please post your Dxdiag report and we can take a look:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 6 of 8 (3,261 Views)

★ Novice

when i woke up this morning i had a notification from gforce experience that a gfx driver was out so i updated restarted and checked Deadspace 1, 2, 3. And now all 3 work. I guess just something in the previous driver was off causing issue. So thanks for the help and the time put in to help me!

Message 7 of 8 (3,146 Views)

Community Manager

@DemonicMurderer

No problem at all, glad you are back in the game!

Let us know if you need help in the future Standard smile

barry.png
Message 8 of 8 (3,139 Views)