Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
kagenaito

Re: Crysis (original) and Windows 8

I have windows 8 installed and Crysis worked for a while until I got this error message. Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers then installing crysis again worked for me.

Keeper
dominationdood

Same me, I hate EA

Keeper
johnven

[ Edited ]

Crysis wont start on Win8 Pro 64bit. No matter how I try to open it the game crashes about 5 seconds in after black screen appears ("The program has stopped working"). I've completely updated my hardware drivers as well as crysis and I've tried all the compatibility options as well as through administrator.

Help?

Specs:

Antec Nine Hundred

EVGA X58 SLI FTW

Intel Core i7-920 2.66 GHz

BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC2 1024 x2 SLI

OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 / 1333MHz Gold Edition 12GB (6x2GB)

OCZ XTC Rev.2

Thermaltake Black Widow V1

2x 300GB HDD 7200RPM RAID 0

Keeper
xbudz

Golly gee, thanks for giving me the original Crysis with my Crysis 3 pre-order...  too bad I can't even play it.

(Windows 8)

Keeper
windowsseven101

I cant open this game either and this sucks throwing away money down the toilet to EA:smileyembarrassed:

Keeper
branflakes822

Same exact situation. I really don't know what to do I since everything doesn't really fix the problem. I got it as apart of the preorder for Crysis 3 and it just won't start up. Really frustrating seeing as I want to play this one before I jump into the second or third.

Keeper
sgtcandrade

Ok guys I got mine to work on windows 8.. First I uninstalled the whole **bleep** game delete the folder of crysis and went to users/documents/mygames and delete any thing there too.. now make you make steam not start with windows and turn off avg or uninstall.. now download and reinstall crysis start game! This is what I did and my game is now working.. I hope this works for you guys too :smileyhappy:

Keeper
xcalistanx

I asked EA customer support about this, after buying a retail disc last week and not being able to run in on Windows 8. Three days later their 'official' reply was to refer me to this topic, which is no help whatsoever. In the meantime, though, I found my own solution. I downloaded something called Crysis 64-bit no-cd crack, from a torrent site, and sure enough the game works perfectly with it. So there's a 100% working patch available, just not from the game's publisher / developer.
Keeper
ThisNetcodeSucks

I have just installed Crysis for the first time in a few years and its not working for me either, the funny thing is after I installed it

I could play for a few hours. It wasn't until I restarted my computer and tried playing again it happened.

They need to release a patch pronto, I cant believe they are giving Crysis away free with Crysis 3 when it doesn't work on Win 8.

Keeper
grazgamer

I had this stop working for me all of a sudden on Windows 8 64 bit after it being ok since I originallly bought. I tried compatibility, uninstalling, the 64 bit hack, nothing.

Then today I tried removing securom, I was prompted for my login details again to activate but now it works, maybe it will work for one of you.

https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html