Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sentinel
lukasrich
Accepted Solution

"Crysis 3 has stopped working" - Game WONT start EVER. Always crashes. Help!

[ Edited ]

The system:

MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Mid 2012)

with Nvidia Geforce 650M 1024 MB (Dx11 capable)

This system is a stock model, and all components meet minimum system requirements.

I have seen other people on youtube playing the beta/full-game on the exact same stock model, so it should definitely work.

The problem:

When launching the game from within Origin, or directly from the Crysis3.exe file, the game always does the following...

1 - splash logo appears (showing the nano soldier holding the bow)

2 - splash logo disappears

3 - bordered window containing only blackness appears, as if attempting to load the game. No music plays.

4 - application crashes after about 3-5 seconds. "Crysis 3 has stopped working." Windows wants to send an error report and close application.

My situation / What I've tried:

I have tried launching the game numerous times. No luck. Same problem repeatedly occurs. It doesn't want to fix itself.

I installed Crysis using my authentic DVD copy, onto a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit, fully updated to SP1.

Note: Internet is too slow to do a complete download and install from Origin, so I can't try that (doubt it'd resolve it anyway).

I installed the latest (Bootcamp) system drivers. Everything is up-to-date driver-wise.

After the error first presented itself I decided that maybe the graphics drivers in the Bootcamp package were insufficient. I downloaded and installed the latest graphics drivers (v314.07) from the Nvidia website. Generally it is advisable for MacBook users to stick with the tested Bootcamp drivers if possible, but I had to try. It didn't fix anything. Same error.

When the bordered black window appears, I am unable to maximize the window using either the window button or ALT+Enter.

I've tried launching the game using all compatibility settings on the .exe, on their own and together. Including;

- Run as an Administrator

- Run in 256 colors

- Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution

- Disabled visual themes

- Disable desktop composition

- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Exact same problem occurs. No change.

I've tried launching the game in Windows 7 Basic mode.

I've tried launching the game with Windows UAC disabled.

I tried deleting all the items in %Temp%. (Desperate I know) Problem still the same!

I've restarted my computer a million times over in between each try I've made.

No effect. Nothing works.

I'm totally lost. Why won't my expensive new computer game run? Battlefield 3 can run for heavens sake.

EA. Crytek. Please help.

Keeper
stevebrulemd

Re: "Crysis 3 has stopped working" - Game WONT start EVER. Always crashes. Help!

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem. I get the crysis splash and then "crysis 3 exe has stopped working".

i5 2500k

Nvidia EVGA GTX 570

8 GB 

Win 7

It's awfully frustrating to see this on pirate sites, and people who didn't pay for it having are no problem playing it.  Yet, I go and take the moral high ground and purchase this game, and boom nothing. This isn't the first problem I've had with Origin and day one releases. 

Sentinel
lukasrich

Re: "Crysis 3 has stopped working" - Game WONT start EVER. Always crashes. Help!

Agreed. Very frustrating to see that many piraters are playing the game just fine.

I actually tried launching with a crack by RELOADED, to see if it fixed the issue.

It didn't.

Can confirm that at least in my case, cracking your game will not fix this problem. Just wait for EA to fix the issue with a patch or something

Keeper
stevebrulemd

I used the reloaded crack fix and i got as far as the menu screen. Then I logged into multiplayer and it crashed within a minute. I was so close.

Sentinel
lukasrich

Wow. I wonder what that signifies. Still no idea what the problem could be. Anyway that wasn't what happened for me. The problem remained the same for me. Never saw any graphics appear of any sort.

Sentinel
lukasrich

Problem RESOLVED. Well, for me at least. It seems that the game disc did not install Direct X. You NEED THIS! I spent an hour live chatting with technical support and after trying literally everything, I rebooted and decided to try this. Immediately loaded, and works well so far.

Solution:

+ Install / Update Direct X

Source(s):

How to download and install Direct X

Available [ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113 ]

Note(s):

Has this post/thread helped you? If so, please 1+ XP me!

Feel free to reply and let us all know (including the devs) about your rig, and how you went getting the game running. Was it difficult?

If this problem reappears of continues to be an issue, please let us all know. The only way problems get solved is if people find the energy to be constructive, post on here and make their voice heard. Happy gaming!

Sentinel
Blobberd

didnt solve my problem, I've both downloaded the directx installer thing from micrsoft and installed directx package from the games folder, neither one has worked
Keeper
edwardoiv

Direct X fix didn't work for me either. "current or newer version already installed". Of interest, I am having the same problem with dead space 3, also through origin of course. I have been able to play both games at times, with no rhyme or reason why sometimes it works and other times not. I have recently been trying to run crysis in different compatiblity modes. If I run in windows xp, the game will load and start, but with a black screen and a green mouse arrow. Sound is present, such as "made possible by crytek", so I wonder if there is a clue there. Come on EA, make it work, this is unacceptable.

Keeper
stevebrulemd

I already had the most current, so I'm still in the same position as I was a few hours ago. I'm calling it a night, if they don't fix this soon I'm going to get a refund.

Keeper
EDJU66

Plus One. Ironically, I decided to download it after being frustrated by the dreaded Dead Space 3 game save issue earlier this evening, which was causing my blood pressure to skyrocket. Two turds from EA in the space of a week. I guess I am an idiot.