Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
nxgen22

Re: You need a DX11 capable GPU to play Crysis 3 MP Open Beta

I have AMD Radeon HD 6470M with intel hd 3000 on my laptop. AMD one supports dx11 but the game is not running. I tried with configuring switchable gfx, But its the same. Its driving me crazy. plz help

Keeper
serpentine1903

ohhh, my card doesnt run dx11 even with the updated driver :smileysad:. ohhh well. Probably should get around to updating it.

Lookout
nanotm

Re: Dx11 Graphics card issue

[ Edited ]

update drivers maybe, oh and dont forget to grab the latest version of pysx off nvidia's website since you also need that for it to work....

edit:

also forgot to mention its possibley the fact it requires a dx 11 capable/compatable sound card

so check that and update drivers there as well, dxdiag would show what sort of sound systme your laptop is running

Keeper
ahmetc51

Hi, I have too this problem and i have dx11 and i really safe for dx11 is supportted my pc. (sorry for bad english :smileyvery-happy: )

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/23/2013, 16:06:26
       Machine name: ESRA-BILGISAYAR
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
           Language: Turkish (Regional Setting: Turkish)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
       System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU       T4400  @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4064MB RAM
          Page File: 2621MB used, 5502MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Keeper
serpentine1903

[ Edited ]

ahmetc51, they cant do much with that information, it doesnt even show you what graphics card you use. Look on the page before this one were i posted my dxdiag. You need the graphics part. And just because it says you are running directx11 doesnt mean your card is capable, as i found out.

Lookout
nanotm

you guys with the amd cards do have pysx installed i take it, and the latest version of the amd drivers

for the nvidia guys you should also have hte latest versions the setup of crysis does mention which versions of drivers are required and some hotfixes from ms

also the game requires a dx 11 capable sound card details which are found within the readme file :

MINIMUM REQUIRED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or better

• RAM: 2.0 Gb (3.0 Gb on Vista)

• Hard Drive: 3.5 Gb or more of free space

• Video: Directx 11 compatible video card, NVIDIA GTS 450 / AMD Radeon 5770

• Sound: DirectX 11 compatible sound card

nstallation Instructions =====================================================================

IMPORTANT: Before running the Crysis 3 MP Open Beta, please be sure you have the latest drivers for both your video card and your audio card installed. An outdated video or sound driver can lead to slow and choppy gameplay, or in some cases can prevent the game from running at all. You can download the appropriate drivers from your video and audio card manufacturer's Web site.

The Crysis 3 MP Open Beta requires the 'Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package' installed on the target machine. This will be installed during the Crysis 3 installation process.

sounds liek some/all of you are failing to comply with those requirements /instructions .........

for rreferance the file is in;

(drive you installed origin on)\ origin\crysis3mp open beta\support\readme

this file also contains portforwarding and admin settings required

Keeper
serpentine1903

I guess the next question is, will they provide the game in directx10 later in this beta or should i just uninstall?

Keeper
cyanogen101

Windows can run DX11 even if u dont support it, its just not as good. after the beta im sure they will fix it. they just want the best PC's testing the game

Keeper
adatomer

Re: you need a DX11 capable GPU to play crysis 3 MP Open Beta

I also have this problem please help me

calvinharris01 wrote:

Same problem that many are having...

"you need a DX11 capable GPU to play crysis 3 MP Open Beta''

DxDiag -->>   http://pastebin.com/TN3MnP1K

awaiting reply, thanks

monsieurconnard
XP: 100
Solutions: 129

Re: you need a DX11 capable GPU to play crysis 3 MP Open Beta

this thread already exist here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-3/You-need-a-DX11-capable-GPU-to-play-Crysis-3-MP-Open-Beta/td-p/440...

They found a solution for those who have a graphic card which support DX11, but for those like me who have an unsupported one, you just can't play.