Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acolyte
grannyslimjim

simcity won't launch after it has updated.

OK so I download and install simcity then launch it and it updates, but after the restart it said it is missing files necessary to run. It does this every time. any ideas how to fix it?

WootCandy
Ideas: 0

Re: simcity won't launch after it has updated.

You could try going to Start -> SimCity -> Sim City Recovery

If that doesn't work you can uninstall from Control Panel, confirm the c:\program files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity folder is gone.  Relaunch it from Origin and it will download/install again.

Keeper
puertowd75

doing couple of times same happen black scrfeen in the launcher and said  newcesary files missing.

Keeper
nofearneil

I am having the same issue. Game Updated now when I click 'Play' it looks as if it's about to launch and the Play button greys out but then just pops back up orange after 30 seconds or so and no game....

Keeper
hardcoorexg

I'm getting this issue as well...

eversonj90
Topics: 19
XP: 114
Solutions: 27

Copy the contents of

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Patches\UpdatedApp

to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response helped you, please give it some XP! Click the XP box at the bottom of this message.

If this response has solved your question click 'Accept as Solution' so that others can benefit from it.

eversonj90 :: Senior Moderator at forum.ea.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keeper
chancematrix00

Ok, this worked but the question I have is why did this have to be done?

Keeper
chancematrix00

Spoke too soon, now it launches but I get an all black window that covers a portion of my screen.  Oh well I was just checking in to see if the updates improved the game at all.  Guess not. :smileysad: