Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Sentinel
glenbl54
Accepted Solution

SimCity won't load

[ Edited ]

I am having an issue regarding simcity. When I click on the icon to load the game never starts. Origin opens up but nothing more. I have done some investing and found that in Windows Task Manager I can see SimCity loading up but when it gets to 112,284K of Memory(Private Working Set) it just disappears. I have found some "Exception Report exception" files in my SimCity folder 

[Exception info]

date: 03-22-13
time: 22.42.21
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
address: 0x60856b87 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCity\EAWebKit.dll":0x0001:0x005a5b87

[Instruction data]
60856b07 => DLL not found, no disassembly.

But the EAWebKit.dll file is there

I have done a repair install but that reports there are no corruption and it is up to date. I have tried some of the suggestions in the AnswersHQ forums such as the NetBios and reinstall origin but they haven't worked. I would appreciate any help

Sentinel
glenbl54

Re: SimCity won't load

[ Edited ]

Well reinstalling SimCity worked for me

Keeper
vitaming101

[ Edited ]

Trying this now.........What a colossal failure this software is!  Whomever is making the decisions at EA for the direction of this game should be fired immediately!!  This is the 3rd problem I've had in the 4 days since I wasted $60 and about 12 hours of my life! Seriously not buying from EA again!     

Keeper
streakyundies

where do i find the reinstall/repair?  all i see is uninstall, and i really don't want to do that unless its necessary.  was playing fine last night at 4am CST.  today not so much

Keeper
kovalio

For me using "fix installation" option doesn't find nothing wrong but game crashes in Win XP Pro 32bit. That started to happen after last patch.

I've completelly uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, waited loooong time for patches to downlaod (only 1Mbps network connection :/ ), started the game (hurray!) and during my cities loading I hade a Blue Screen Of Death and computer rebooted. Atrer rebooting I'm at the starting point:

AppName: simcity.exe AppVer: 1.8.0.0 ModName: eawebkit.dll
ModVer: 12.4.2.2 Offset: 005a6b87

Sentinel
extf

[ Edited ]

delete  "<origin_games_dir>\SimCity\SimCityUserData\WebStorage" folder, as described here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1asg1n/sim_city_crashing_at_launch_whats_happening_with/

Keeper
mnofsteel34

thanks....That worked!!

Keeper
jengossett

I tried uninstalling and reloading also. Didn't help. It just stays at 10% and won't load any further. Losing patience. I have the game  on my mac, but I recently bought a pc just for gaming, and so far...not impressed! I would like some assistance for this issue.

Keeper
camarohill

jengossett wrote:

I tried uninstalling and reloading also. Didn't help. It just stays at 10% and won't load any further. Losing patience. I have the game  on my mac, but I recently bought a pc just for gaming, and so far...not impressed! I would like some assistance for this issue.

im having the same problem