SimCity keeps freezing (NOT BSOD or windows error)???

by DiddlyDonker

Original Post

Re: SimCity keeps freezing (NOT BSOD or windows error)???

★★★★★ Apprentice

yeah lag i can handle but this is too much-- game is an unplayable train wreck

Message 31 of 135 (2,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same problem, i played all day  without problems until I updated. The game has never frozen up or had any problems until AFTER the update today.

Message 32 of 135 (1,989 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been using NA East 2 since day 1, never had a freeze issue like this until yesterday. I can play for about 20 mins & it freezes. No BSOD, music plays but nothing is moving. Have to end task to get back to Origin or desktop. It patched yesterday & today but still happening. I KNOW it's not my PC or GPU so WTF EA?? I've been patient long enough now your just pissing me off. Your making so I totally hate this game & don't even want to try starting it up. If that's your goal to sell games & not let people play it's working... 

Message 33 of 135 (1,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here it got solved after the patch last night..! I only had this issue on my big city, playing on a smaller city was no problem.

Edit: I just hang again... please fix this!

Message 34 of 135 (1,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mines has been doing it the past few days aswell and now its gotten to the point where it freezes within 30 secs of me getting into my city and the past couple times i havent been able to ctrl+alt+del out of it to end it in task manager. It gets worse everytime i try to play.

Message 35 of 135 (1,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's very unfortunate that we get no reply from EA on this issue at all Confusedmileysad:

Message 36 of 135 (1,905 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. It used to be random, but now it is always happening with one city a few minutes after starting it. This is the first game that I have purchased from EA and will probably be my last. At least if I pirate a game I am not at a loss of money when it freezes.

Message 37 of 135 (1,871 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here.  Started happening recently (past 24 hours), and has been worsening steadily.  I can't play at all now. Yet another example of how EA doesnt know what they are doing. 

Message 38 of 135 (1,865 Views)

★★★ Novice

"New" Patch today... even worse, now I can't even play for 15-20 mins before freezing after 6 minutes (yes i was timing it) sure enough it froze. Nice useless patch a$$ holes...

Message 39 of 135 (1,855 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here worked fine before but now it keeps crashing random. Tried settings on lower setting, tried to turn off firewalls, updated drivers nothing works and can't seem to find any solutions either.

I'm very dissapointed in you EA, because there is no sign AT ALL that your are adressing these issues. And you can keep us passive by giving us a free game for the server issues you had.... 

I really hope you come up with a sollution shortly. 

AT LEAST LET US KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ABOUT THIS!!!

Message 40 of 135 (1,840 Views)