SimCity keeps freezing (NOT BSOD or windows error)???

by DiddlyDonker

Original Post

Re: SimCity keeps freezing (NOT BSOD or windows error)???

★★★★ Novice

Contaced SimCity via twitter and all I got back was 'When exactly does this problem occur?' and then 'Thank you for informing us on this situation'. I sent them the link to the crash forums about the number of people getting these problems but to be honest I dont think they even realised people were having this problem and I also dont think they even bother reading these forums. Takes the absolue piss!

Message 21 of 135 (2,241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Happening to me as well - got 27 hours logged to far. But since yesterday (13 March 2013) I can play maybe 15 minutes on Europe West 6. My city only has 75k people, and the region has 3 other cities. 

Can CRTL-DEL out, sound effects still paying, once the freeze occurs.

Message 22 of 135 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep.. Just started happening to me too - On EU East 1 - I can Ctrl+Alt+Del and it says Sim City (Not responding) I've not seen any updates today so a little confused as to why its just started happeneing - Everytime I log back in i've lost the last 10ish minutes of my city

Message 23 of 135 (2,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone find anything on this yet. I was running fine up until the server maintenance today. Now I get about 10 minutes in and this happens. It does not appear to be specific to what I am trying to build but always seems to happen once trying to edit a building or plop a new one down. I have tried a restart and setting compatibility. Has anyone had any luck with anything?

Message 24 of 135 (2,178 Views)

★ Novice

Getting the same thing in one of my Cities. i can load it but it freezes after 1-3minutes. Issue started 14/3

Message 25 of 135 (2,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same thing started here just now..! Have been playing for 2/3 days now..

(EU East 1)

Message 26 of 135 (2,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I keep trying to play, i got another message it could not load data when loading the world, took a minute and continue loading.

Now i get the message again that the servers are down.. and back up.

Edit, and down again. And back up.

Message 27 of 135 (2,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting this problem too.  Not sure if a reinstall might help.  I can't play more than 10 minutes with out this screen freeze.

Message 28 of 135 (2,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have played for like 15 minutes on another city (same area), and had no issue so far..

When i switched back to my large main city, just matter of minutes before the screen hangs.

I'll try my small city with some more time..!

Edit: No issue at my smaller town so far, i'll try the big one tomorrow again

Message 29 of 135 (2,109 Views)

★★ Novice

Well another patch and another freezed screen.  Will EA ever make a fix that will allow us to play their game..  I can see the money I spent on a game going into their pocket and us getting nothing for it..  Come on EA, help us out here, too many people for this to be our machines.

Message 30 of 135 (2,085 Views)