SIMCITY 2013 freezing/crashing

by craigmis

Original Post

Re: SIMCITY 2013 freezing/crashing

EA DICE Team

@jalitsu

The other replies in this topic are almost a year old.

For your issue, please follow our steps to resolve crashing and freezing issues. If the issue persists, please reply to this topic with a dxdiag txt file.

Message 21 of 40 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem as mentioned in the first post. I will try to fix it as you said above me ^^

**UPDATE**

The game was working well in June 2015 when i played it the last time. I only updated the graphic card driver.

Message 22 of 40 (1,398 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mr_venom_six

So the game is crashing again for you?

What happens if you follow the crashing / freezing troubleshooting in my previous post? Please also post a dxdiag so I can investigate further for you. Let's try to get you back into the game as soon as possible.. Standard smile

Message 23 of 40 (1,380 Views)

★★ Novice

Dear Tom!

It looks like i found the solution thanks to your tips. I skipped most of the points and went straight to Origin. I unchecked the box "Enable Origin Ingame" and since that i play at least 1-2 hours without crashing or freezing! Lets spred this info that Origin must be doing something wrong that causes a crash.

I really hope i dont have to return in a few days with the problem again :O

Thank you!

Message 24 of 40 (1,374 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mr_venom_six

That's great!

I loved talking to you but I hope I don't see you back here.... Wink

Origin in-game is known to cause issues with certain (mostly older) games--for some games however it also enhances the user experience which is why the future is still available. I am glad that we figured it out and that you can get back to gaming now.

That said, if you have any other questions feel free to reach out to me again. Enjoy the game and have a good weekend.. Standard smile

Message 25 of 40 (1,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've had this game since it came out and shelved it for a bit. I started playing it again and to no avail it still freezes. I've done everything in this thread and the game still freezes at random times. The game has to be closed via task manager.

One would think by now EA would have this sorted. Love the game and concept, however it was a waste of $70 for a game that barely works.

Specs

AMD Phenom II 975

MSI 970A-G46

16 GB Ram

ATI HD 7970 Ghz

Samsung 280GB SSD

500W PSU

Message 26 of 40 (1,339 Views)

EA DICE Team

@h2ss

My last post in this thread stated the following:

Please follow our steps to resolve crashing and freezing issues. If the issue persists, please reply to this topic with a dxdiag txt file.

Afterwards one user came back and explained he managed to solve the issue by turning off Origin in-game. Please let me know if that works for you and if it doesn't, then please let me know if there were any steps from the crashing and freezing article that you skipped.

To complete that information, please provide me with a dxdiag.

Message 27 of 40 (1,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

good evening!
time passes but the problem persists ....

a city in the region remains locked ...
there are three, the other 2 work, and I can switch from one to the other without problems ....
the game can be closed only using ALT + F4 or taskmanager, I have already contacted support via chat gave me a list of things to do ... no work ...

It has just updated origin but nothing ....
the last action taken in the city was to raze it to the ground to rebuild ...

specifically: I paused the game => I smoothed everything => I put "paly" and waited a little more than 10 seconds, population = 0> again to pause the game => rebuild all, positioning services and controls connections with other cities in the region ...

from, all blocked them ...
every time you reload the game if I start from that city to lock the screen but the audio goes ...
ok if I load another city of the region, I can see and send to the city locked resources or means, but if I try to move me on it and then load it from the region (already on) the game is relocked ...

sorry for my English...

Message 28 of 40 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

SnoopyAndy, (go Juventus) > quick observations that may or may not help... 

1.  doubtful your hardware will affect this specific problem, it looks application specific, but the following should only help... i have 1200+ hours of play in Simcity.
  2. note that your motherboard bios is dated 02/05/10, updating it can be a risk but also can improve all things related to your older pc.  Bios can affect integrated sound and update Win7 better.  if sound is weird, updating bios and sound drivers is worth the effort, but you would expect the issue across all cities/regions and not just one Star.
     BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
  3. it looks like your main hard drive is letter C: for which you may be low on space -- especially if windows swap files are in use [ref. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15055/windows-7-optimize-windows-better-performance], freeing up more space on any main drive with windows installed is key.
         Drive: C:
     Free Space: 13.3 GB
    Total Space: 143.1 GB
  4. have you gone into Origin and tried "REPAIR"? - it would be about the only means to correct anything as most likely you have for reasons unknown a broken region.

* = a single broken region could be a issue with that region stuck with some DLC no longer being recognized, like the Red Cross addition and then for some reason it is no longer available?

I couldn't see anyone help-desk helping this because it is unique.  it is not happening anywhere else but one single city within a working region.  is this multiplayer? if so try converting to single player to see if anything improves... my main issues are this game will go to main screen saying cannot connect to EA servers.  never had a corrupt city like this although i have taken over abandoned cities and seen that bulldozing often leaves some weird left overs (like tunnels, where if both ends are deleted you need to rebuild the connections in order to delete it).

in bocca al lupo
Message 29 of 40 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having crash issues as well. After a few minutes playing the game, it crashed. The music kept on playing, but the computer was totally frozen and I had to hard reset it. 

I got it fixed doing the following:

Right click on desktop, then nvidia control panel. On the left, I clicked on Manage 3D settings. On the right panel, I clicked on "program settings". Then I selected SimCity, and forced the PC to use integrated graphics card. 

(sorry, the printscreen attached is in PT-BR, but the solution worked)...

It's a little slower, but it has never crashed anymore... 

Message 30 of 40 (772 Views)