Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
raananmoore

How do I reinstall SimCity

Hi everyone, I know that someone must have asked this question before but I can't the answer. I intsalled vial Origin website, I don't have a hard copy of the game. Anyway on friday I ran the game and it was updating to 3.1 when my computer crashed. I got my computer back up but now I keep getting the same error message from the game to reinstall. Can someone please help me? thanks

Marshall
Couq-DK

Re: How do I reinstall SimCity

You might want to try out the SimCity Recovery first, easily found by typing in SimCity in the windows start menu search field

To remove SimCity - go to control panel - Remove programs - And find SimCity in the list

SimCity will always be tied to your Origin account, the moment you sign into Origin it should list SimCity as one of "your games", right clicking on the image and select Download/Install should make the game download and install again.

Keeper
toliman

Re: How do I reinstall SimCity

if that doesn't work, and odds are, that it won't work neatly or easily ... 

(in my experience, Origin (the application) couldnt repair/install/update/play or open the game after a failed installation update.)

i deleted the SimCity folder, and installed it via Origin. it wasn't much larger than 280mb. 

not the best option, but Origin is deeply and sadly unreliable.