Tiberian Sun [Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application]

by Biohazard-IoM

Original Post

Tiberian Sun [Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application]

★ Novice

Hi All

I have a Windows 7 64bit PC and installted all of the games from the C&C Ultimate Collection. All games seem fine except Tiberian Sun. When I click "Play" I just get a "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" message box. I've uninstalled it and re-donloaded it but get the same message. No Disk was included with the collection as these are all downloads only. If i click OK and relaunch it just pops the same message!

Please Help - You are my olnly hope.....

Message 1 of 7 (3,250 Views)

Re: Tiberian Sun [Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application]

Hero

I suggest you check out the "Common Problems, Read This Before Posting!" thread at the top of the forum. It's there for a reason Wink

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 7 (3,247 Views)

Re: Tiberian Sun [Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application]

★ Novice

Yes I did check that and I'm not running any emulation software.

Is there an official patch for this issue?

Message 3 of 7 (3,243 Views)

★ Pro
There are no official patches for any issue. But some unofficial patches for a lot of issues. Try starting Tiberian Sun manually, without starting TUC launcher, if that's even possible.
Message 4 of 7 (3,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've now tried running the game from the start menu but it just launched Origin and asked for the CD.

I've also tried running the unofficial patch per the help guide but that wouldn't install as it just says that data files are missing (even when I got copies of the same patch from different mirrors). does the patch need to be ran from within a caertain folder and not the desktop? I'm not even sure that a fix for this no cd issue is included in the patch... :mansad:

Message 5 of 7 (3,239 Views)

★ Pro
The patch is for the First Decade, not TUC, I'm not even sure it works for TUC. Try having Origin open while you manually start TS.
Message 6 of 7 (3,236 Views)

★ Novice

OK Just tried that but still asked to insert CD-ROM :mansad:

Message 7 of 7 (3,232 Views)