Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

by sndrt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★★★ Newbie

I have bought the C&C Ultimate Collection pack today, I installed Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge.

Whenever I try to start Red Alert or Yuri's Revenge I get this String Manager-error. I looked the error up and tried running it as administrator, didn't solve the problem. My OS is Windows Vista SP2.

Can someone help me solving this problem?

Best regards,

SNDRT

Message 1 of 9 (191,525 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★ Pro

Try downloading the unofficial community 1.03 patch from CNCNZ.

http://cnp.cncnz.com/tfd/#.UHdeXa6op8E

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (213,814 Views)

All Replies

Re: Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★ Pro

Try downloading the unofficial community 1.03 patch from CNCNZ.

http://cnp.cncnz.com/tfd/#.UHdeXa6op8E

Message 2 of 9 (213,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have same problem but with First Decade.  I tried new patch and it didn't work.  Matter of fact it caused more problems than it fixed. My renegade and zero hours crashes constantly as well.  I am using win7 with 1GHz dual core processor, and 2GB RAM.  Games worked flawlessly until I had to replace hard drive and reinstall.  Now major lag issues and prior mentioned problems even after downloading new patch.

Message 3 of 9 (183,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had this error and have found the fix for windows 7 at least

Is is a problem accesing a DLL file that was previously open and now is restricted on windows 7

go to "control panel"
go to "user accounts"

Go to "User account settings" near the bottom of the list
set the slider you see to the lowest level then restart your PC

what you just altered is the level of security for windows files, now the dll's that where protected are free for the game to access, but be careful as it means that the files are open to any viruses you may encounter on the web so be very careful

now i must go. As I, for one, Welcome our new Psionic Overlord

Message 4 of 9 (176,701 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried your solution, but it did not work - Windows 7

Message 5 of 9 (134,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Right click, then click on "RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR". That should do the trick.

Message 6 of 9 (133,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i didnt
Message 7 of 9 (94,888 Views)

★ Novice

It didnt work for me either...both solutions !! ,i tried "run as administrator " and tried the account settings .

i have the command & conquer saga - on a disc/box from the store back then.

inside there is the command &conquer the first decade , and The command &conquer tiberium wars .

please help !

Message 8 of 9 (13,812 Views)

★ Novice
@uriyacohen11 Correction after i tried the account settings and restarted my computer it worked...in the meantime...but its sometimes pulling me out of the game to the desktop
Message 9 of 9 (13,763 Views)