Quick question about controls

by smedi31

Original Post

Quick question about controls

★★★ Newbie
Hello all! So I re-installed Origin and installed RA2 (and Yuri's Revenge) and started to play RA2 a week ago. My question is if there is a way to change the mouse controls. I'm so used to the RA3 controls (where right click tells the unit to attack/move, etc... and left click can select or deselect units/buildings) that it's hard for me to play RA2 now. Frown I couldn't find a way but does anyone know of any chance/way of swapping mouse clicks/controls around?
Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Quick question about controls

[ Edited ]
Hero

You're looking at this all wrong. RA2 uses the normal C&C mouse style which has been there since C&C1. It's only after RA2 that they decided to mess it all up by switching to Warcraft / Starcraft style.

There's no reason why the older games would have options to switch that; it's the newer ones that do it wrong.

Rule #1 of playing older games: don't complain about features that were added in its successors.

Likewise, don't judge older games on changes introduced in their successors. If it bothers you, you should just have played the games in order of release. Preferably starting with Dune II.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (294 Views)

Re: Quick question about controls

★★★ Newbie
Ha, wow, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Sheesh, was just asking if it was possible...I know, I know, crazy to have options huh? As to your "rule # 1"...look again, I'm not complaining, I was asking a question. Oh and yes, I've played all the C&C games in order but have been playing RA3 for the past few years with my dad and so I'm now used to doing it that way.
Message 3 of 3 (284 Views)