PLEASE HELP!!!! Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection

by noxikXE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PLEASE HELP!!!! Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased the Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection off the Origin store but I have had a few problems.

I installed Tiberian Sun and also Red Alert 2. Tiberian Sun loads to the start menu and when I select "new campain" nothing happens, it just stays at the start menu. I have tried running the game in different compatibility modes and also tried running as administrator but nothing seems to work?! None of the other options in the start menu work BUT when I select "skirmish" it's like it wants to load the next screen but doesn't get there. Red Alert 2 doesn't even load at all. It comes up with a screen asking to select either Red Alert 2 or Yuri's Revenge but when I click on Red Alert it doesn't do anything, even tried compatibility modes etc. Has anyone else had these problems? 

I just don't understand why Origin would let people BUY and download these old games knowing fully well that 90% of people use Windows 7 or Windows 8 these days and that older games based on Windows 98 or even some XP based games won't work.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can play these games on WIndows 8 without having to install emulators etc?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (776 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Tiberian Sun patch:

http://downloads.cncnet.org/TSpatch.exe

Please let me know if it worked Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (739 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Check system requirements for this games, there is nothing about Windows 8, games work fine on Windows 7 for me.

Message 2 of 7 (751 Views)

★ Apprentice

same problem with Tiberian Sun and 8.1....

on windows 7 64bit work fine (check and tested by myself....)

EA-Origin must release a fix or a patch for windows 8.1...thanks.

Message 3 of 7 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Tiberian Sun patch:

http://downloads.cncnet.org/TSpatch.exe

Please let me know if it worked Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey mate. The patch worked all I needed to do was change the "compatibility" to run on Windows 8 and bang it worked Standard smile

Just wondering if you have any tips on how to get Red Alert 2 working? It won't even boot up it, when I try and open the game it doesn't work at all.

Any help would be great! Thanks heaps!

Message 5 of 7 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thanks for feedback, the patch is pretty new and i will update it today to take care of the compatibility settings automatically.

About Red Alert 2, the game should work on windows 8 as long as you don't have any mods installed. If you cannot get past the ra2 origin launcher then it might be worth a try to disable origin for the game via the settings

Message 6 of 7 (674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Red alert 2/ yuries reveng, Generals and Zero hour do not boot downloaded and payed for. very upset with my purchese

Message 7 of 7 (554 Views)