Re: DirectX Setup Error: Cabinet file not signed

by darthtiddius

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DirectX Setup Error: Cabinet file not signed

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to install C&C 3 Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath. I downloaded through origin, and the install gets to about 25 % then I get an error message that says: DirectX Setup Error: Cabinet (.cab) file not signed. How do I get this game to install on my comp?

Message 1 of 28 (41,660 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Pro

1) Go to the folder you've installed Origin Games in (by default, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

2) Inside of the Ultimate Collection folder, go to the install folder and then the DirectX folder.

3) Click on the redist folder and send it to the Recycle Bin with the Delete key. [Make sure to take a backup!]

4) Go into Origin, try to install again, and then when given the option to repair the game, do so. It will redownload all those files that just got deleted, and for me, this time they came properly signed.

5) The game should install properly.

View in thread

Message 2 of 28 (42,842 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

1) Go to the folder you've installed Origin Games in (by default, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

2) Inside of the Ultimate Collection folder, go to the install folder and then the DirectX folder.

3) Click on the redist folder and send it to the Recycle Bin with the Delete key. [Make sure to take a backup!]

4) Go into Origin, try to install again, and then when given the option to repair the game, do so. It will redownload all those files that just got deleted, and for me, this time they came properly signed.

5) The game should install properly.

Message 2 of 28 (42,843 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the problem too, I did what you just told him and it did not work. I am getting" Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (false)"

Message 3 of 28 (41,298 Views)

★ Pro

Try reinstalling DirectX.

Message 4 of 28 (41,295 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If u still havn't got it to work u can try by replacing another direct x i tried 9c and it worked hope it works for u just delete everything thats in the redist folder which is inside the origin games folder u will need to download the directx 9c and then wen its downloaded extract it to ur desktop using winrar then copy all files in that folder and put them in ur redist folder it should work

http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Message 5 of 28 (41,042 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

crey8's solution worked for me!  Thanks!  (had the same issue on Dead Space 3; nothing else worked 'til I tried this)

Message 6 of 28 (40,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Crey8 you are a godsend and your solution worked FLAWLESSLY.  Thank you for this, I've been searching and trying everything for about 3 hours now and randomly came across this htread.  Bump this solution please, this is a common problem and this solution surpasses all.

Message 7 of 28 (39,485 Views)

★ Novice

Found a faster way but it may not apply to everyone. If you previously downloaded a game and was successful in installing it, you can check if the installer has the "redist" folder. If it does, just copy that folder over to the game you are having issues installing directx on and it works. That way you can skip a couple of steps and get your game going.

Message 8 of 28 (38,485 Views)

★★ Novice

This was much easier and worked like a charm, thanks

Message 9 of 28 (38,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to delete everyhting except the dxsetup file (.exe) and the .dll fiels all the rars you can delete and replace with the new one you downloaded.

Message 10 of 28 (38,353 Views)