Re: Command and Conquer: Generals 2 beta/alpha

by Dr-Crazeeee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer: Generals 2 beta/alpha

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, 

My name is Lukas Pichler, eighteen years old, and living in Vienna(Austria). I am learning video editing and my one of my greatest hobbys are, who would have thought it, ... video games ;-)

My question is about the new C&C .. Gernerals 2 or just Command and Conquer .. the name changes often. 

I think you know which game I mean Standard smile

A few years ago i was more or less a professional gamer in Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.

My nickname was "_cmd.exe_" and I was playing Command and Conquer 10 hours a day! I loved that game and couldnt stop 

playing it, but I had to because people stopped playing it.. well it was getting old..(i think this was 4 years after the release).

A half year later Starcraft 2 came out and I started to play it. It didnt take too much time for me to notice that Starcraft 2 isnt really my game.

It was not because i was bad(I was masters League).. it was because i just prefer everything of cnc .. the handling, the unit control, the grafics, etc.

To come to my question:

Is there any possibility to get a key for the alpha/beta version of your new Command and Conquer?

I'd love to play it, give you guys some feedback from the higher level play and help you to make this game as good as the other cnc's you did. 

I just bought the Ultimate Collection, if that helps me to get a key. (here's the Part. No. : [removed])

Please write me back!

Sorry if there are any errors normally I speak german.

Grettings,

Lukas Pichler

Message 1 of 12 (9,379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Unfortunately we don't have any spare keys to give out through AHQ. While an Open Beta is coming, anyone who bought a copy of TUC should get into the Closed Beta, with those who got the game earlier getting earlier access.  Unfortunately, I don't have any timeframes, numbers or wave sizes.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (9,713 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I am pleased to see that one is simply ignored here constantly, thank you for that.

A simple "no" would have done it too. :-(

Message 2 of 12 (9,285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No-one is guaranteed a key, unless you got The Ultimate Collection.

If they gave keys to people who claimed to be professional players in previous titles.... then everyone would be claiming they are such and such to just get an invite.

Most of the beta threads are close to begging threads though, so one reason why nobody is taking notice.

Message 3 of 12 (9,265 Views)

★ Novice

is already clear to me, would be in some sense unfair, but I'm a little annoyed that not even one has replied, I would have also written an e-mail if I had an address found. and as mentioned before I have the ultimat colletion..

Message 4 of 12 (9,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think if you bought TUC during amazon's sale you don't get access. Don't quote me on that, but that seems to be the general consensus from some people.

Message 5 of 12 (9,206 Views)

Community Manager

Unfortunately we don't have any spare keys to give out through AHQ. While an Open Beta is coming, anyone who bought a copy of TUC should get into the Closed Beta, with those who got the game earlier getting earlier access.  Unfortunately, I don't have any timeframes, numbers or wave sizes.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 12 (9,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you for you answer! Is there any date for the beta? will it be released this year?

Message 7 of 12 (9,183 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

so if i go buy ultimate edition, will i get a key? and how do i get it?

Message 8 of 12 (9,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is Command and Conquer Generals 2 alpha closed down and if so when did it go down/offline? I have a key but i realized that it was almost a year ago when I first got it in my inbox.

Message 9 of 12 (6,718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Command and Conquer Generals 2 only got to the Closed Alpha testing where only those who had recently bought the Ultimate Collection were given a code. Unfortunately myself  found that my computer would not run it due to lack of graphics RAM. More unfortunately was found that by November of that same year C&C Generals 2 was CANCELED because they felt they were not giving the players the game they wanted so it never even made it to the Beta testing stage.

Message 10 of 12 (6,697 Views)