Two Accounts Sharing Info I Want the Other to Have

by SwissxPiplup

Original Post

Two Accounts Sharing Info I Want the Other to Have

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem that may seem unique to most.

When I was much younger, I created an account on Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars using what is now my old email address, but my current username (That is this account), I forgot about this account for some time and when I went onto Command and Conquer again, I decided to create an account (Not remembering this one); so I put in my current email address, but when asking me to input a username, it would say it was in use; I suddenly remembered that this account existed; so I logged into here and decided to just change to email address, but because I already "Partially" created a new account using my current email address, it says that it's invalid when I try to change it.

So to summarize:

This account is my old account; it contains my current username and my old email address.

The new account I tried to make cannot be made as my current username is being used by my old account.

The email address on my old account cannot be changed to my current email address as it's being used by my new account.

Help!

What would you say the best solution is?

Can I merge the account? Should I delete one account freeing up the component I need for the other?

Message 1 of 2 (504 Views)

Re: Two Accounts Sharing Info I Want the Other to Have

Community Manager

@SwissxPiplup Hey, I think for a situation like this the best option is to reach out to support. They can check on your current and old accounts, and can hopefully get this all cleared up. You'll likely have to play on your old account, but support should be able to help you to get this working properly. It sounds like you may need to have a 3rd account and you can swap over the email address by rotating accounts, but support can get a clearer look into this. 

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Thanks, 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (371 Views)