Re: Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances --> iOS App

by pierrotlalune

Original Post

Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances --> iOS App

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When finally released the iOS app from C&C TA?

Thank you in advance :-)

Message 1 of 21 (9,876 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has been released in canada since march but i doesn't work anymore since july 2nd, no answer at all from EA on that part... i've waited 2 hours on their help line and hung up...

Message 2 of 21 (9,747 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Ya wtf? I'm away from home and iPhone is only way I can check on my army it's bull**bleep** what going on EA?
Message 3 of 21 (9,734 Views)

★ Novice

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue, me and a couple buddies all can't get on and it's been really frustrating, we started playing this game on iOS and miss playing it on there.  I've contacted them as well and am waiting for a response.

Message 4 of 21 (9,711 Views)

★★★ Novice

Waited another 2 hours on the help line and hung up... still no answer from EA on this forum or by email...

Message 5 of 21 (9,693 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is the answer:

FRI 12 JUL 2013 2:05PM GMT / 10:05AM EDT / 7:05AM PDT 

60-strong German RTS studio is shuttered

Electronic Arts has closed EA Phenomic, the 60-person strategy developer behind Spellforce and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances.

The situation at Phenomic was brought to the attention of GamesIndustry International by a number of sources with knowledge of the studio and its employees. EA would not comment on the specifics of Phenomic's position, but offered the following statement regarding the ongoing internal restructuring in the company as a whole:

"As part of EA's realignment in recent weeks, we have announced internally a small adjustment to some development staff to better focus our teams against priority growth areas. The decision to let people go is not something we take lightly and we are working to ensure that impacted employees are treated fairly and with respect for their contributions to EA, and with assistance to find other job opportunities.

"These are hard but essential changes as we focus on delivering great games and showing players around the world why to spend their time with us"

The EA representative also told us that the company has no plans to move away from free-to-play or strategy games.

EA Phenomic is based in Ingelheim am Rhein, near to Frankfurt, Germany. At its peak, the studio employed 60 people.

The company was established as "Phenomic Game Development" in 1997 by Volker Wertich, who had been instrumental in the development The Settlers while at Blue Byte Software. Phenomic then established the Spellforce franchise, before being acquired by Electronic Arts in August, 2006, and renamed "EA Phenomic".

The studio worked primarily on real-time strategy games, including BattleForge in 2009, Lord of Ultima in 2010, and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances last year. 

Message 6 of 21 (9,645 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Have you guys tried to install the app's latest update?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 7 of 21 (9,629 Views)

★★★ Novice
merci pour la réponse. Thanks for the answer.

This app has automatic updates every Time you open the app.

have you read higher? Phenomic has been closed and they where on charge of the game and the app...

Thanks for giving us info
Message 8 of 21 (9,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I don't own any iOS product so I'm not sure about its updating functionalities, I know that on my Android phone an app won't update by itself unless I allow it to auto-update, which was the reason for my question: don't have it, can't check it! :D

I don't know what is going to become of the app (especially since it was apparently only available in Canada). I've forwarded the issue to the devs, so we'll see what comes out of it.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 9 of 21 (9,617 Views)

★★★ Novice
thanks again for the reply. This app has auto updates I can confirm Standard smile

thanks to foward this to the dev team, I'm not too sure of the answer you will have cause they have fired 60 persons on that dev team... Probably why they have shut down the servers for the app.

Thanks for letting us know what will happen!
Message 10 of 21 (9,612 Views)