At game launch: Unexpected script error! Restart required. Report?

by Sneeuwgors

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

At game launch: Unexpected script error! Restart required. Report?

★ Novice

Every time I try to start a game (Closed Beta 2 and on Closed Beta 3)

I get this error in a popup:

Unexpected script error!
Restart required.
Report?

Then a  2nd popup appears:

This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved.

If I click Stay On The Page.

Get a blank base view and a black world.

At the lower right it mentions: missing server name

I tried this with several browsers (FF14,15 and 16beta / Chrome / Internet Explorer) on a Ubuntu and Windows PC.

every time I get the above message and aren't able to play anymore.

Any idea how to get round this? It used to work fine for me until recently.

Message 1 of 58 (9,457 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: At game launch: Unexpected script error! Restart required. Report?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello there,

As you mentioned, you are playing a beta version, which means it is bound to be buggy. Thanks to you and other players, though, those bugs should be fixed. Standard smile

The Community Managers on the official boards mentioned a maintenance to fix things:

we are currently doing a Hotfix on the ClosedBeta-servers and all english worlds because of the current "unexpected script-errors".

Estimated downtime is about 30 minutes, we will work as fast as possible.

Greetings,
AcersEleven

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 21 of 58 (6,475 Views)

All Replies

Certificate

★ Novice

Hi,

u have problems with certificate in C&C Tiberium Alliances ? I got message that says the certificate is no longer actual.

Server prodgame02.alliances.commandandconquer.com uses invalid security certificate.

Platnosť certifikátu uplynula dňa 20. 9. 2012 1:59. Aktuálny čas: 20. 9. 2012 9:38.

(Kód chyby: sec_error_expired_certificate)

Message 2 of 58 (9,313 Views)

Unexpected Script Error

★★★ Newbie

Since the new patch release on the 20th September 2012, the game wont work on Firefox and keeps coming up with an 'Unexpected Script Error'

I've uninstalled, reinstalled...checked drivers were updated, updated flash and Java..... anyone else got any ideas.

I have installed google chrome and it works on there so why is it only Firefox effected.

Message 3 of 58 (9,374 Views)

Re: Unexpected Script Error

★★★ Newbie

At first I thought it was still down for updates but I still can't log in and it's been almost a day since my last time. Hope they get this fixed soon.

Message 4 of 58 (9,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem and I have tried different computers. It looks to me like the problem is on their end and they are not telling us anything.

Message 5 of 58 (9,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

since the new patch on thursday, i have not been able to get into the game, it lets me log into it, but then takes me to the game and nothings there, its all empty and it says unexpected script error, can you all fix this, are yall working on this issue?

Message 6 of 58 (9,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

same here... firefox will not run the game but google chrome will. What's goin on?!?

[Script Removed - Admin.]

Message 7 of 58 (9,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OKAY IT SEEMS WE ARE LEAVING REPLIES BUT NO ONE CAN CONTACT US, BECAUSE OF?A SIMPLE YES WE ARE FIXING THE PROBLEM WOULD BE NICE, AFTER IVE SPENT MONEY ON THIS GAME AND PLAY IT ON A REGULAR BASIS,I THINK WE DESERVE SOME ANSWERS.AGAIN I LOG IN, THEN IT SAYS SCRIPT ERROR, . IF I CHOOSE TO STAY ON THE PAGE EVERYTHING IS GONE , ALL INFO ALL VISUALS,CONSTRUCTION YARD, EVERYTHING IS EMPTY. AND ON THE LOWER RIGHT WHERE THE OPTIONS AND SERVER INFO IT SAYS THEYRE IS NO SEVER INFO LIKE THE PAGE ISNT THERE!PLEASE LET US KNOW SOMETHING !:robotmad:

Message 8 of 58 (9,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, i'ts also happening with comitbird. Another thing on both browsers when I could get in the game it would tell me that I needed to update my drivers but their all up to date also. And when I try to use internet explorer it tells me that I need an updated version but I'm running the lates version.

Message 9 of 58 (9,352 Views)

Command and Conquer PLEASE HELP!

★★★ Newbie

I KEEP GETTING THIS" UNEXPECTED SCRIPT ERROR RESTART REQUIRED" . I SHUT MY COMPUTER OFF AND RESTART BUT NOYHING CHSNGES PLEASE HELP.

Message 10 of 58 (9,337 Views)