win10 cant install CnC series because of the directx error.

by Roa_dk

Original Post

win10 cant install CnC series because of the directx error.

★★★ Novice

Im running win10 and Have had CnC1 installed succesfully, but cant install CnC4 because of the directx error. I was stupid enough to uninstall CnC1 just to see if it was a CnC4 problem only, but it affects everything. got BF1 on and running beautifully. Not goint to uninstall BF1
av is bullguard and I have disabled it with no luck and I have just reinstalled the origin client (latest non beta version)

How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (873 Views)

Re: win10 cant install CnC series because of the directx error.

★★★ Novice

origin client (Version 10.4.9.38188 - 0)

Spec: win10 64 (10.0, build 13493)
Directx 12
Gforce GTX 1070
32Ram

tried disabling AV and reinstalling the client with no luck.
I can DL the game fine
Message 2 of 5 (868 Views)

Hero

@Roa_dk

Peculiar. C&C1 shouldn't need any DirectX stuff; it uses DirectDraw, the predecessor of DirectX.

You could try downloading and installing them separately, and seeing if that fixes the issue:

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Note that Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun are all freeware, so if Origin gives you problems with those, just don't bother with it. They've also all been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 3 of 5 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

it seems to be a problem with the origin client since I can install and play it from steam (where I also have it - long story) without any problems.
its the part of the ulitmate collection (which do not do anything then open the folder where the launcher.exe is contained)

and I do not understand the reason for me having to download yet more mircosoft stuff since it have allready worked once :S

Message 4 of 5 (849 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I need a fix for origin

Message 5 of 5 (837 Views)