Re: tiberian sun version map scroll is way too fast.

by FunkyFr3shCnCNet

Original Post

tiberian sun version map scroll is way too fast.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

tiberian sun

win 10 64 bit

i can't control the map scroll at all. it's blazing fast. the game is just not optimized for play for win 10 as it is, and cnc net's amateur production isn't doing anything good, either.

pls help fix without asking me to write my own code, 'cause that ain't happening.

Message 1 of 11 (9,009 Views)

★ Novice

Using the CNC Net patch with the IE-ddraw rendering setting and putting the scroll speed to its lowest in the in-game options fixed it for me. I played through the GDI campaign last weekend and am about 1/2 way through the NOD.

Before Tiberian Sun I played C&C 1, now that game has some unfixable scroll issues!

I'm also on Windows 10.

Message 2 of 11 (8,995 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks, but this too has failed.

for whatever reason, each rendering mode has a game breaking drawback, from black screen to mostly freeze. the only one that would even let me get in to play was the tsdraw one that they recommend and that's impossible to use. I can slow down the sprite movement (that's all the game speed option does) but trying to move the map view around using a mouse just results in a blur going by.

i'll try the iedraw one more time before I quit on this one. It's depressing. This was once one of my favorite games, but these old titles are such a problem to bring up to date.

thanks again, though.

Message 3 of 11 (8,985 Views)

★ Novice
There should be a game speed adjustment (the one you mentioned) and a map scroll speed adjustment.
Message 4 of 11 (8,979 Views)

★★ Guide

I will have a look into it (I already fixed it for c&c1 and red alert1).

The limiter I added for the first two games is quite simple, might be able to do the same in Tiberian Sun.

Does this happen with both scrolling methods? (Right click scroll and edge scrolling)

Message 5 of 11 (8,972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@drone1066

TSpatch was just updated to 2.0

You can get it on the CnCNet website. Let me know if there are still issues.

Note: Only singleplayer got the patch right now, CnCNet skirmish/Lan/Online will be updated soon

Message 6 of 11 (8,956 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry about the necro posting, but I thought I'd post this incase it helps others. Ijust installed Tiberian Sun and experienced this issue, which I fixed it by adding "maxgameticks=240" (might be higher/lower for other machines) in the "ddraw.ini".

Message 7 of 11 (8,463 Views)

Hero

@Tempust85

Note, ddraw.ini is a file from the community patch; this won't work unless you install that patch first.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 8 of 11 (8,449 Views)

★ Novice

Apologies, I didn't explain properly.

I copied over the "ddraw.dll" & "ddraw.ini" from "The Dawn of the Tiberium Age stand-alone mod". What I should've said was that I didn't replace the Tiberian Sun Origin .EXE, but copied over those ddraw files. This also fixed the "invisible menus" issue.

The Tiberian Sun patch I'm sure works just as good or even better, but this works for me without replacing any files.

Message 9 of 11 (8,439 Views)

Hero

@Tempust85

Well, the TS patch is basically a collection of fixes like that. The TS-DDraw project is just a small part of it.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 10 of 11 (8,434 Views)