Re: for security reasons only a limited number of machines

by Nyerguds

Original Post

for security reasons only a limited number of machines

★ Novice

Hi, please help. When I try to launch the game, an error appears, which is, "For security reasons, only a limited number of machines...". I first installed it on my brothers laptop. After that, I played just for a couple of minutes. Then I uninstalled it and decided to install the game on my PC.

How can I overcome this issue?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (1,333 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems you're using a boxed version of the game which came with this annoying limit. You can activate your key on Origin and then download the game without having to activate it.

Message 2 of 3 (1,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@efrencres846

Did you install this on any other PCs before? Normally, you can deactivate licenses from other machines on which the game is installed to recover from this.

I think the Origin system removes that whole mess, though. Register your game's serial on an Origin account and the "logging in on Origin" will replace this "limited licenses" nonsense as DRM system. Not sure if you can still do that if you've already ran out of valid licenses, though.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 3 of 3 (1,300 Views)