command and conquer 4 tiberian twilight will not launch

by kgbanarchy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

command and conquer 4 tiberian twilight will not launch

★★★ Newbie

so i bought the 17 game pack and every time ive tried to launch tiberian twilight it begins launching i get a little pic of cain in the middle of the screen that becomes translucent and then ....nothing im back with no message of failure no noise just a desktop please help this is a good game i hear and i want to enjoy as well 

ps tried run as admin that didnt work either same result,tried reinstall still nothing,

Message 1 of 10 (13,104 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: command and conquer 4 tiberian twilight will not launch

★★ Apprentice

1. Go to your C&C4 installation folder and right click CNC4.exe and choose properties

2. Choose to run the program in compatibility mode Windows XP Service pack 3

3. Also check the little box below to 'run as administrator"

4. Go to your Origin installation folder and delete IGO32.dll

Report back if it works!

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (14,228 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

1. Go to your C&C4 installation folder and right click CNC4.exe and choose properties

4. Go to your Origin installation folder and delete IGO32.dll

Report back if it works!

Message 2 of 10 (14,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

like a miracle *bows down, bows down* praise be to ya lass

Message 3 of 10 (12,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope.  It did not work for me. Confusedmileysad:

If I delete the file IGO32.dll in the origin instal folder the origin software no longer opens and displays the error; Origin.exe - System Error , The program can't start because IGO32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I have tried 

Without the fourth step also and am having the same exact issue as stated in the original post.

(so i bought the 17 game pack and every time ive tried to launch tiberian twilight it begins launching i get a little pic of cain in the middle of the screen that becomes translucent and then ....nothing im back with no message of failure no noise just a desktop please help this is a good game i hear and i want to enjoy as well )

Please, what else can be done to resolve this issue?

A prompt solution would be greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 10 (11,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same issue and I tried all the steps as well!

Any other solutions out there?

Can it be a graphic card issue as my graphics is built into the processor and might not be so powerful?

Message 5 of 10 (11,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn't work

Message 6 of 10 (11,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do all the steps except deleting the file

Message 7 of 10 (10,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yo tengo el mismo problema no me funciona, compre el comand conquer coleccion 17 y no me funciona el comand conquer tiberian crepusculo. y tantas ganas que tenia de jugarlo ya problema de varias formas y ninguna lo a hecho funcionar.

Message 8 of 10 (10,799 Views)

Hero

I'm not sure if C&C4 has the same problems with the Origin In-Game system that the other games gave, but I suggest you try disabling it. You can do that by right-clicking the game in the Origin client, and checking the "Disable Origin In Game" option.

If the option is greyed out, this means you tried to launch the game, and due to the malfunction, Origin thinks it's still running. To fix that, either kill the game launcher in the Task Manager, or just restart your computer.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 9 of 10 (10,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked great, however the other options didnt work before trying this.

Message 10 of 10 (9,806 Views)