c&c: red alert 2 black screen windows 10

by Jakebladess

Original Post

Accepted Solution

c&c: red alert 2 black screen windows 10

★★★ Newbie

so i tried the comp modes, updated drivers, 8 bit mode, 640 screen resolution, clean start and what the tech staff told me to do.

the game starts and i hear the intro, then it goes to the main menu and shows a cursor on a black screen. 

anyone have any solutions or a similar problem? i would love to play this game.

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5 (6,883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: c&c: red alert 2 black screen windows 10

Hero

@Jakebladess

I posted a bunch of stuff here that could help you get RA2 running. I suggest you check it out.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/C-amp-C-ultimate-collection-Red-Alert-2-wont-st...

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (7,702 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jakebladess You might want to follow these instructions a bit more carefully...

- Only the first 2 games (C&C1 and RA1) are 8-bit colour; Red Alert 2 requires 16-bit colour mode, and it only requires you to explicitly set that if you play it in windowed mode.

- The point of setting the resolution is that modern monitors/graphics cards don't support the original. 640x480 would be the original resolution, so putting it on that isn't particularly useful if you want to have any chance of actually getting it working.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 5 (6,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay. thanks for your feedback.

i set it to 16 bit and turned the 640 resolution off, run as administrator and windows xp sp3. 

unfortunately still a black screen.

so i tried to turn the 16 bit off also, run as administrator and windows xp sp3. 

still black screen.

is there any other ideas? this is devestating. but thank you for trying. stoked to have people care hahahah

Message 3 of 5 (6,834 Views)

Hero

@Jakebladess

I posted a bunch of stuff here that could help you get RA2 running. I suggest you check it out.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/C-amp-C-ultimate-collection-Red-Alert-2-wont-st...

Message 4 of 5 (7,703 Views)

★ Novice

I tried, I tried I tried... 
Statue of freedom and then back to my Desktop... That's it! 
Compability - changed

Origin in game - changed

Using Win10 and only game from C&C pack what works is - Renegade - DAMN'!

Message 5 of 5 (4,365 Views)