Unhandled Exception when Starting C&C Tiberian Twilight - Help Needed

by Harrybottle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unhandled Exception when Starting C&C Tiberian Twilight - Help Needed

★★★ Novice

The below error message pop-up when I was trying to start my new bought Command and Conquer Tiberian Twilight.

==========================================================================================================

Unhandled Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The requested operation requires elevation

at System.Diagnostic.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostic.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostic.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at Launcher.LauncherStateManager.SwitchState(LauncherState newState)

at Launcher.LauncherStateManager.OnLauncherUpdateDownloadComplete(Objectsender, BlazeRequestCompleteEventArgs e)

at Launcher.Support.Blaze.Commands.DownloadFileCommand.WebClient_DownloadFileCompleted(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileOperationCompleted(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingle Parameter)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

==========================================================================================================

I'm using Windows 8 (64-bit) and all other games works well on my system. Could any expert please kindly help to analyse it?

Message 1 of 4 (1,274 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unhandled Exception when Starting C&C Tiberian Twilight - Help Needed

★★ Apprentice

I'm getting the same thing and I'm running windows 7 64bit.  Did you ever get this fixed?  The only way I can get it to work is to go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 4 and run the CNC4.exe in "Run as Administrator".  Kind of annoying though that I can't use it from origin.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,207 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I'm getting the same thing and I'm running windows 7 64bit.  Did you ever get this fixed?  The only way I can get it to work is to go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 4 and run the CNC4.exe in "Run as Administrator".  Kind of annoying though that I can't use it from origin.

Message 2 of 4 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the same but the same error appeared

We really need technical help from someone with experience

Message 3 of 4 (793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you solved your problem

please I need help in this too

Message 4 of 4 (790 Views)