Re: Tiberian Sun, and Red Alert 2 menu problems.

by Psych0r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tiberian Sun, and Red Alert 2 menu problems.

★ Apprentice

Hello.

After installing, re-installing, upgrading graphics driver, upgrading audio driver, running as administrator and in compatability mode (XP sp3) I'm still getting the problem. With Tiberian Sun the videos and the game play work fine, but whenever I open a menu (besides the main menu) they show up incomplete or unreadable. eg. in game pressing esc it pops up in the middle of the screen as a silver line. i press alt tab then re open the game and it shows the menu complete.

With Red Alert 2 the menu's and video's dont work properly. With  videos the sound for them works perfectly but there is no image. if i alt tab out and go back in during the video, its a still image of the video at the point of where the audio was at at the time. with menu's, well they just didn't show up. there were no buttons poping up. i managed to make it to gameplay and the gameplay works perfectly, but i press esc and the basic image of the menu pops up, but no buttons. the alt tab thing will refresh the program and show the menu after.

hopefully you guys can help me.
Dan

Message 1 of 12 (16,666 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

holy crap i found a solution. Its kind of a pain and involves changing game script and display settings but there is a step for step process in a youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tMxSELxEH8   I have tested it and know that it works. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (18,382 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Also tried repair install and that didn't fix it either...

Message 2 of 12 (16,614 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm also having this problem. I understand why I got it on previous versions of the game which weren't optimised for Windows 7, but why again now, and what can be done about it?

Message 3 of 12 (16,576 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also tryed shuting off the User account Control Settings, that didn't help either. Just for curiosity, I wonder if all of us who are having the same problem have the same Graphics card. I believe mines Intel HD graphics family (according to DXdiag) Ive heard of others with the same card having issues so Just curious.

Message 4 of 12 (16,569 Views)

★ Apprentice

holy crap i found a solution. Its kind of a pain and involves changing game script and display settings but there is a step for step process in a youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tMxSELxEH8   I have tested it and know that it works. Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (18,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is not work on Tiberian Sun using Wins8 64-bit

Message 6 of 12 (14,100 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I'm running Win8 x64. The following worked for me... see my reply: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Command-Conquer-The-Ultimate/i-have-command-and-conquer-17-ultimate-collect...

Message 7 of 12 (14,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to say that installing 337.88 geforce driver fixed NO MENUS BUG in Tiberian Sun completely for me. Game, which is licensed First Decade disk + community patch 103 rev4, runs perfect as before. My favorite nvidia driver, I love it.

Message 8 of 12 (8,241 Views)

★ Novice

My old computer broke down and I had to replace it. But  on the new one some C&C games run poorly or not at all and I find that weird because my old en new pc run on windows 8. 

I've tried every trick in that has been posted here and on the internet but nothing seems to fix my problems. And I am really sad because Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 and Generals are among my favorite games. 

If I can't play these games there is no real reason for me to keep Origins on my pc. 

Message 9 of 12 (8,136 Views)

★★ Guide

johannesmaurice: Did you already try this one for Tiberian Sun? http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3438.0

Make sure you remove all other workarounds you tried to use before you apply the patch

Message 10 of 12 (8,129 Views)