Re: Refund

by EA_David

Original Post

Refund

★★★ Newbie

I've been waiting for a refund for almost a week now and all "Support" options lead me into a roundabout to nowhere and I am about to contact My credit card company to have them do a chargeback to expedite this very low cost refund.  

Message 1 of 7 (393 Views)

Hero

@YourOwnDumbAss

This is a mostly volunteer-driven forum; most of the people who lend a hand around here (like me) aren't actually EA employees. For issues like this, I suggest you contact EA tech support through help.ea.com and get a chat session with a live representative. They can actually look into your account details to solve such things.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 7 (381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been using all the support options possible for a week now and do it daily....nothing is happening and zero refund plus zero contact from any EA Support Staff. 

Message 3 of 7 (372 Views)

Hero

@YourOwnDumbAss

As I said, though... little I can do; I'm just a volunteer who hangs out here because he knows the older games' internals pretty well Raised eyebrow

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 7 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@YourOwnDumbAss Hi, how are you prevented from contacting support? 

Can you try swapping to a different browser/device? Sometimes local settings/blockers can prevent a contact from going through. From my testing the live contacts should be working fine, and once you're talking to support they can hopefully get everything sorted swiftly.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100#U5650100

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've used 4 different browsers, 4 different computers, 1 smartphone, and support options like chat do not work and all that happens is that chat never gets connected. 

Message 6 of 7 (346 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try swapping to a different account? With your testing it sounds like the issue may be account-related, if it's failing from so many vectors. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (340 Views)