by JKors

Original Post

Re: Red alert 2 black screen with sound and mouse

★★★ Newbie

For me it is Windows 10, newest update sept 30. 2017

Message 51 of 97 (8,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for this instruction its help now I can play Red aLERT AGAIN HAHAHA Standard smile THANK YOU!!

Message 52 of 97 (7,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwQ4qBPJMQ Sat on tech support with them for an hour and the 'solution' they were sooo sure would work didn't do a damn thing. I gave up on Red Alert 2 (which was my fave and the main reason for buying the collection) and was insanely disappointed. Until following this vid took literally 30 seconds and fixed the issue. Still can't play Tiberian Sun tho Frown. If these jackasses keep up these poor business practices (battlefront 2, broken software, etc.) they'll be pushed out of the market. Atari thought itself invincible too at one time. Anywho hope you got her fixed and are playing that classic game of strategic awesomeness.

[Removed unkind comments. Do not insult others - CM]

Message 53 of 97 (7,347 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Try Update Your video Card

Message 54 of 97 (7,303 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The CnC net solution, does it work for normal Red Alert 2, or ONLY Yuri's Revenge?

Message 55 of 97 (7,016 Views)

★ Novice

I am so sick and tired of games not running anymore. I tried everything and nothing works. 

I think it's even against the law if you buy something it should always work en the gamecreator are responsible for making sure the game keeps running in new software surroundings. 

Now I can't play any of my favorite games anymore and the new games I just don't like. 

EA-games go back to drawning board and update your games you still sell but won't work anymore under the current software!!

Message 56 of 97 (6,678 Views)

Message 57 of 97 (5,868 Views)

★★ Novice
cant make any changes. said : access denied
Message 58 of 97 (5,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will DDWrapper work if I have Windows 10? I see the solution was presented to someone with Windows 8. I don't want to pick the wrong one for Windows 10.

Message 59 of 97 (5,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@D35R0Y3R

Why not try it? It can't destroy anything, you know. You can just remove it if it doesn't work. But this thread only mentions one such tool, so I'm not sure what you mean with "the wrong one"...

Also, DDWrapper comes with a configuration file that has a bunch of options you can tweak, so even if the proposed solution doesn't work, you can do some research into those options and see if any of the other tweaks in there might help get it running.

If you can't figure it out, I advise installing the CnCNet installer for RA2/YR. It comes with a bunch of automatic fixes, and has a configuration tool which offers more choices in graphics fixes than just DDWrapper, so if one doesn't work you can just try if some of the other options do the trick.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 60 of 97 (5,658 Views)