Re: Red alert 2 black screen with sound and mouse

by BasselKanjo

Original Post

Hero

@amr_kamal1993

Uh... that's a mod, not a different version. It seems this mod includes its own exe file, so there's no telling what might have been changed inside it. Heck, it might even require the original game disc.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 41 of 97 (8,345 Views)

★ Novice

I did it :D .. mixing between v.1006 files and total destruction mod files :D .. i don't know really what i did but it worked for me :D 

Message 42 of 97 (8,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EXCELLENT HELPED ME ALOT!!

Message 43 of 97 (8,254 Views)

★ Novice

Came here from Google search for "Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 Black Screen". I'm running Windows 10, have the game on Origin, and have added RA2Launcher.exe (I tried game.exe, gamemd.exe, and RA2.exe as well, none of them worked), from the "Origin\Command and Conquer Red Alert II" folder, to my Steam Library. I had audio but not video. Nyerguds solution worked flawlessly and was the first thing that I tried. Thanks!

Message 44 of 97 (8,249 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you for your help!

Message 45 of 97 (8,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

There are two possible "permanent" solutions to the black screen issue for RA2/YR.

OPTION 1

From an installation of Tiberian Sun that's updated with the patch from CnCNet, move ts-ddraw.dll to your RA2 directory and name it "ddraw.dll".

OPTION 2

Apply the fixes for RA2 and YR from XWIS, and follow the instructions in the linked threads carefully. This will work for campaigns and skirmish, but may cause incompatibilities in multiplayer on CnCNet and doesn't work with Ares-powered mods like Mental Omega.

EDIT: Thought I was replying to someone else, these forums apparently don't lead to the last page immediately. These suggestions still stay, though.

Message 46 of 97 (8,181 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nice one, thanks!

Message 47 of 97 (7,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks Nyerguds, I'm saying this after chatting with origin help for a week with no help. This solution worked for me on windows 10.

Message 48 of 97 (7,750 Views)

★ Novice
Try starting it on xp mode
This may work
Message 49 of 97 (7,729 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello and good day!

Just wanted to say thank you for your help... i tried the first suggestion and couldn't make it work,  then the second and bingo!  

thank you again and have a good one!

Message 50 of 97 (7,174 Views)