Red Alert2: Yuri's Revenge graphics Issue

by lethwyn

Original Post

Re: Red Alert2: Yuri's Revenge graphics Issue

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Much! This fix worked great. Now to get Mental Omega up & running. May your children take care of you in your old age! Or just hit the Lottery big...

Message 21 of 51 (9,448 Views)

Hero

@ErturkEllez

@ErturkEllez wrote:

Are there any new solutions for Half Screen and Purple Gameplay?

The purple is usually fixed by the DDWrapper mentioned before... but another thing that seems to cause a lot of issues is display scaling, something Windows seems to have enabled by default on a lot of systems nowadays.

There's a compatibility mode option to disable it, but I've heard from multiple sources that often the problems caused by it don't stop until the option is actually disabled in the windows display settings.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 22 of 51 (9,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue where the GUI in game doesn't show, can't build building or train anything due to this. yet the main menu etc works fine.

Changing the resolution can fix this but I have to play it in windowed mode on a resolution much smaller then my screen which is very annoying, any fixes to patch this?

Message 23 of 51 (9,229 Views)

★★ Novice

Sadly none of the fixes worked, wich means that I still get the Pinkscreen :/

Any suggestions or other resolutions?

Message 24 of 51 (9,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Merlonga

Uhm. The DDWrapper fix should solve that one. It's mentioned on the first page.

@Higgins4u2nv

I think that's the display scaling issue. It's mentioned among the posts in this thread.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 25 of 51 (9,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Even when I had the DDWrapper with the right settings, it woudln't work.

EDIT: I reinstalled the game and did everything according to this thread and it might have fixed the half pink screen (wich I can't check), but the only problem now is that everytime I want to start a skirmish or campaign, it just crashes.

EDIT2: It works fine for a good amount of time in 800x600 resolution, but after a good amount of playtime in my skirmish match, it crashed.

EDIT3: I was searching the Web and found another fix that finally worked together with this one. Still thanks for the help Standard smile

Message 26 of 51 (9,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Looked In The Options Of the aqrit config file and tried to set ForceBltNoTearing to 1, i allows you to play in windows 10 with no flashes of the screen, i will have to play longer to see if there are problems at the long run but seems to work just fine...

P.D: It really pisses me off the fact that EA cant release an update or an official patch to fix the compatibility of this awesome game...

Message 27 of 51 (8,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Merlonga What was the additional fix you found that worked in conjunction with the above fixes in this thread? What were your settings?

I am still at the crossroad of not being able to play. The game either always flickers, and crashes after 10-15 minutes or if I happen to click on one of the areas of the screen rendered outside of the game, causing me to switch windows entirely. With "ForceDirectDrawEmulation = 0," I return to the half screen shifted pink/purple dominated screen colors and skewed resolutions. I too found Mental Omega to fix this issue past and present but do not know what they did (intentionally or not) to fix the issue. Though I have not really delved into it deeply relative to my knowledge, which is fairly limited, for about a decade. I have had a friend who also has the same problem, who researched and tinkered with the issue. He tried many of the same things here, if not all. He has a strong knowledge of operating systems and computers than most (certifications, for one). Same issue as I have remains...

Message 28 of 51 (8,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

While RA2 was easy, just easy to find patch made by community YR was more troublesome as some issues are caused by Origin luncher.

RA2 can be easly lunched with game.exe but to get this for YR You will need to change .exe file.

At least it was case for me.

https://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers/

Message 29 of 51 (7,559 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much. Yuri's Revenge is an old game, but one of my all-time favourites and I didn't expect to ever get it working.

Message 30 of 51 (7,546 Views)