Red Alert 3 UPRISING [8016]

by FiTaLipz

Original Post

Red Alert 3 UPRISING [8016]

★★ Novice

After i run the game this massage pop up

A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (8016).

can somebody tell me how to fix it thank you

#sorry for my bad english

Message 1 of 15 (908 Views)

Re: Red Alert 3 UPRISING [8016]

Community Manager

@FiTaLipz Hey, are you playing the disc version of the game, on a modern version of Windows? If so i don't think this will work. 

As an alternative you can try redeeming the code for the game on Origin, and try to play the digital version instead. 

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

Thanks, please let us know if this helps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 15 (886 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm buying this game 3 years ago and i'm play it on Window 10 it digital version not retail version

Message 3 of 15 (866 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra info. Is it the Steam or Origin version? If you try running the game in Windows XP compatibility mode does this have any effect?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 15 (859 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine is Origin version and i'm already try Windows XP compatibility mode but it still not working btw i have "AnalysisLog"  but i can't upload in here it said it unsupport 

Message 5 of 15 (850 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try starting both Origin and the game as an administrator? What anti-virus software are you using?

Can you try temporarily disabling it and try to launch again?

Cheer. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 15 (846 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not using any anti virus software and i'm try to run both game and origin as an administrator still not working same code 8016

maybe it have something to do with " securom "?

Message 7 of 15 (837 Views)

Community Manager

Yep it's an old Securom error message, but it shouldn't be affecting the Origin version. Did you have a pre-Origin version installed in the past? 

Can you launch the ra3ep1.exe itself from within Windows, does that change anything? You can find this by searching for the content in your Origin Games folder. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 15 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry i don't understand what  you mean "pre-origin" btw i buy this game from "humble bundle" [if my memory serves me right] and register it on origin and i can play it with out problem in that time i'm still use Window 7

Message 9 of 15 (823 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra info. The game was purchasable before Origin was available, and I wanted to be sure that there wasn't a chance that an older version was available. 

If you got the game in the Humble Bundle this won't be a factor. This is some useful info and can help stop from going down a certain path. 

Back onto trying to resolve this, can you try a Clean Boot next? https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Can I ask what motherboard you use? This issue can manifest on some boards that don't have their BIOS updated. 

If you need to gather system info you can do so using the dxdiag tool: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 15 (814 Views)