Re: Red Alert 3 - Reached License limit unable to install further

by 7a2bbc87f5f08ed5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Red Alert 3 - Reached License limit unable to install further

★★★ Novice

While installing this game onto my new PC, I get this error & is unable to proceed. Pls help

Message 1 of 10 (4,815 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds

Tks mate. Desperate times calls for desperate measures plus I ain't getting any help from EA so I fixed it already with a little help from youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZMy7c04fio

Tks everyone for your help. I hv solved the problem.

Hv a good weekend

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (5,078 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

@7a2bbc87f5f08ed5

Because of the DRM system in Red Alert 3, a single serial key can be used to install the game on up to 5 different computers. You'll need to contact EA Help for further activations.

Message 2 of 10 (4,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi Plokite95 tks for replying. Yeah, I've seen many of them same posts around but now, every time i get to the CONTACT page for HELP in EA, all I get is the EA heading & a blank page with nothing else for me to proceed with. Very depressing!

See attached. I don't even know how or where to seek help with these BLANK PAGES in HELP. Get what I mean now Frown

Message 3 of 10 (4,776 Views)

★★ Guide

@7a2bbc87f5f08ed5

Strange. Did the same and I'm also seeing a blank page where you do. Perhaps @EA_David can help with that.

Message 4 of 10 (4,768 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tks again Plokite95, I'm really appreciative. Glad u saw wat I did. Now I'm just waiting for someone who can help me. It's been 5days of waiting & counting........

Message 5 of 10 (4,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@7a2bbc87f5f08ed5

The game can be unregistered on other machines it's been registered on. It's an option in the game's start menu options, and an uninstall should do it automatically. Though obviously, if you ever had fatal crashes or did an OS reinstall, you lose one of your uses permanently...

It's a pretty bad system, yea -_-

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 6 of 10 (4,735 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds

Oh my, exactly wat I usually do in the years. Comp crash or something dies like this round had to change the entire MB. So there's no way to salvage this? As good as throwing the entire disc away?

Message 7 of 10 (4,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@7a2bbc87f5f08ed5

Well, I don't know. In these cases; if you get through to EA tech support, I know they have given digital copies to people in the past in this case, and I think redeeming the key on Origin before the limit is reached permanently solves the problem by replacing the DRM with the Origin one. Though the old system would probably still apply if you actually keep using the disk... no idea what would happen if the licenses run out after you registered it on Origin.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 8 of 10 (4,707 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds

Tks mate. Desperate times calls for desperate measures plus I ain't getting any help from EA so I fixed it already with a little help from youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZMy7c04fio

Tks everyone for your help. I hv solved the problem.

Hv a good weekend

Message 9 of 10 (5,079 Views)

★★★ Novice
Tks mate. I know it's been way too long for this answer but I only just got alerted for this post from you. I've since bought this game again from STEAM so case closed. I still appreciate your help. Tks lots
Message 10 of 10 (3,897 Views)