Red Alert 3: Can't play online

by sportserh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Red Alert 3: Can't play online

★★ Novice

Just got the new Red Alert 3 game. The ONLY reason I got the game was to play online. So after the very long downloading process, I go into the game, and go to the online login. After logging in, the game tells me that it needs to be updated (5 minutes after it was done installing.) So I update it, and right after it is done updating, a message pops up that says "an update for Red Alert 3 is available." I still can't play online, and I have no idea how to break this never ending cycle.

What do I do? This is pissing me off, I just payed $20 for this.

Message 1 of 9 (13,937 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Red Alert 3: Can't play online

★ Pro

I see... That complicates matters quite a bit... I've been digging for a good half an hour now for the mac patch and haven't found anything. One thing I did find was a .zip file but I have a hunch it just includes the .exe file. It may be worth a shot though. I have no idea whether the windows version would work even if you found the raw files as I don't know whether Mac programs use .skudef, .dat and .game files.

Another thing I did find was an ancient thread from some Mac forums with people having practically the same problem. Their "solution" was just reinstalling the game several times until they finally got it to work. I'd recommend reinstalling once or twice and seeing if that does any good. If neither works reply here again and I'll try again.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (14,795 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

What is your game's version? Go to options - settings - general and in the bottom right corner it should say: version 1.12. If you don't have version 1.12 you can download the newest one from CnCLabs here. You only need to download the newest as it includes the older versions.

Message 2 of 9 (13,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for responding!! I have one more question (sorry if this sounds stupid). What do I do after I download the patch? I have a large patch file, but I don't know how to install (is that the right word?) it to the game.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 9 (13,848 Views)

★ Pro

It's a .exe file, what happens if you run it?

Message 4 of 9 (13,843 Views)

★★ Novice

I forgot to mention that I have a mac... I didn't realize until now that it is a .exe file, and I can't run it. Sorry!

Message 5 of 9 (13,835 Views)

★ Pro

I see... That complicates matters quite a bit... I've been digging for a good half an hour now for the mac patch and haven't found anything. One thing I did find was a .zip file but I have a hunch it just includes the .exe file. It may be worth a shot though. I have no idea whether the windows version would work even if you found the raw files as I don't know whether Mac programs use .skudef, .dat and .game files.

Another thing I did find was an ancient thread from some Mac forums with people having practically the same problem. Their "solution" was just reinstalling the game several times until they finally got it to work. I'd recommend reinstalling once or twice and seeing if that does any good. If neither works reply here again and I'll try again.

Message 6 of 9 (14,796 Views)

★★ Novice

I really appreciate you trying! I will try those solutions, and hopefully I can get it to work.

Thanks again!!!

Message 7 of 9 (13,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello

Not do long time sgo I just bought Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection for playing most of all Red Alert 3 - after play campaign and learn how everything work I try to play online but every single time I try to login nothing happend. I try to find a way to fix this and I found only information that Red Alert and many other great games have been not support any more with Game Spy so EA Games will not allowed you to play online http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates . Why there is NO INFORMATION ABOT THIS ON ORGIN ???? HOW CAN I GET REFUNDS and MOST OF ALL WHY STILL THERE IS NO SUPPORT FOR PLAY ONLINE IN THOSE GREAT GAMES?? Have every one have to buy new PC or Laptop to play in only new games?? 

Message 8 of 9 (6,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. i know what your going through since i've suffered the same thing, however, there is a way to play it online in many different ways.
  2. If you bought it from steam you can easily play the online my cousin tried it and he has both on origin and steam it worked on steam but not on origin.
  3.  there are other ways to play online even though game spy is down. First of all you need to download C & C online by going to CnConline.net or something like that and when you scroll down you will find a youtube video guide and it worked for many people but some reason not for me it might work with you however and if you tried to launch it and it says a certain file is missing go to revora website in forum from google or search and you will see that they have a link for you that helps fixes all launcher problems which helped me. Finally, you download GameRanger which you can find a youtube video about it to help you do the steps and pretty much thats all i have for you my friend (btw GameRanger can make u play all types of games especially strategy games that are no longer supported by survers) Wish you the best of luck
Message 9 of 9 (4,981 Views)