Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

by NightHawk50

Original Post

Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★★★★ Novice

I just bought Red Alert 2 & the rest(17 game pack), download went well. installed but it comes up with a error, 'Fatal String manager failed to initiate, I have my original disk and they would not work with Win 7 Ultimate either, these say they have been fixed to work with Win 7, not even in compatibility mode, would appreciate a quick response, ty.

I've had a support question in the forums for 7 days already and not a single response from EA staff, this does not look good guys, either help me get it fixed or refund me my money back and remove them from my account, I already had red alert2 from when it first came out and those would not work either so I bought the one YOU guys say will work with Win7, so lets get this bad puppy up and running, OK?

note:I have tried to install the 1.3b patch and it still will not work

Message 1 of 6 (17,363 Views)

Re: Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem as well. I already have all the C&C games in one form or another and bought this specifically because I was led to believe RA2 and YR would work on my new computer. I would very much like to know what I need to do in order to play these on Win 7

Message 2 of 6 (16,809 Views)

Re: Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★★★★ Novice

I bought the ultimate collection game yesterday 20th july 2013 - I get same error - ***FATAL*** Failed to initialize properly - for Red Alaert 2 and Yuri - some other games do not work !!! NOT IMPRESSED

Message 3 of 6 (16,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try right clicking Ra2.exe and clicking 'run as administrator'

Message 4 of 6 (16,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried that they told me "unable to set the video mode"

Message 5 of 6 (6,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Bro.... you just solved my Problem (y) Thanks Very Much.... I Love This Game Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (2,067 Views)

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com