Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

by NightHawk50

Original Post

Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★★★ Novice

I just bought Red Alert 2 & the rest(17 game pack), download went well. installed but it comes up with a error, 'Fatal String manager failed to initiate, I have my original disk and they would not work with Win 7 Ultimate either, these say they have been fixed to work with Win 7, not even in compatibility mode, would appreciate a quick response, ty.

I've had a support question in the forums for 7 days already and not a single response from EA staff, this does not look good guys, either help me get it fixed or refund me my money back and remove them from my account, I already had red alert2 from when it first came out and those would not work either so I bought the one YOU guys say will work with Win7, so lets get this bad puppy up and running, OK?

note:I have tried to install the 1.3b patch and it still will not work

Message 1 of 6 (23,805 Views)

Re: Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem as well. I already have all the C&C games in one form or another and bought this specifically because I was led to believe RA2 and YR would work on my new computer. I would very much like to know what I need to do in order to play these on Win 7

Message 2 of 6 (23,244 Views)

Re: Red Alert 2 error: ***FATAL**** String Manager failed to initialize properly

★★★ Newbie

I bought the ultimate collection game yesterday 20th july 2013 - I get same error - ***FATAL*** Failed to initialize properly - for Red Alaert 2 and Yuri - some other games do not work !!! NOT IMPRESSED

Message 3 of 6 (23,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Try right clicking Ra2.exe and clicking 'run as administrator'

Message 4 of 6 (23,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried that they told me "unable to set the video mode"

Message 5 of 6 (13,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Bro.... you just solved my Problem (y) Thanks Very Much.... I Love This Game Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (8,502 Views)