Origin won't download Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2

by Gelaiqq

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't download Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey EA,

I bought  Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 while it was "On the house", succesfully installed it and played it a while.
Now, when I want to play it again, it says I can't due to a missing CD-key. I got the confirmation e-mail, but it does not list any CD-key at all.

Is it possible just to get EA to tell Origin that I have the game and should be able to play?

Message 1 of 5 (2,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin won't download Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Gelaiqq Thank you for the post, such missing content is usually due to an account mixup, when folks have 2 or more Origin accounts. If they're logged into the wrong one when they try to launch from a desktop shortcut they'll be prompted for a key. Launching from within Origin will let folks get around this/see if they have the game on their account. 

However looking into this I see you have the game, added recently. Does it work now? If things are running fine now then the issue is rendered moot. 

Thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,359 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Gelaiqq Thank you for the post, such missing content is usually due to an account mixup, when folks have 2 or more Origin accounts. If they're logged into the wrong one when they try to launch from a desktop shortcut they'll be prompted for a key. Launching from within Origin will let folks get around this/see if they have the game on their account. 

However looking into this I see you have the game, added recently. Does it work now? If things are running fine now then the issue is rendered moot. 

Thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just recently had this issue when trying to get it to run for nostalgia. I've had the game since the Command And Conquer Collection came out some years ago now. Can someone please reach out and assist with this and the expansion please?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RazielFallen1 

This thread is more than 4 years old. You really shouldn't recycle it for a tangentially related problem.

What's the precise problem, though? Does it not show up? Does it not download? Do make sure to check under hidden items in case it accidentally ended up in there.

Also note, while EA tech support people do look at this place, it is a mostly volunteer-driven forum; most of the people who lend a hand around here (like me) aren't actually EA employees. If the game indeed can't be found in your account, while you're sure you bought it, I suggest you contact an Advisor via EA Help and get a live chat session. 

(You'll need to click through a bit to get to the actual contact stuff though. When it starts giving Answer HQ thread suggestions, just scroll all the way down to go on.)

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 5 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well thanks, but it looks like someone support side read this and squared it away.

Cheers.

Message 5 of 5 (1,232 Views)