Kane's Wrath "Fatal Error - Exception in Exception Handler"

by GDI-Steel-Talons

Original Post

Re: Kane's Wrath "Fatal Error - Exception in Exception Handler"

★★ Novice

Does anyone have a fix yet? Ive been on the computer for ages!

Message 71 of 80 (4,151 Views)

★★ Novice

I have figured it out! For anyone new if you are running a intel graphics card you need to find a driver at least older then 2015.

This driver works with windows 10, 8 and 7 and is for intel HD 4400.

Download:https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01815174M/1/Video_Driver_5V482_WN_10.18.10.3316_A02.EXE

Hope this helps!

Message 72 of 80 (4,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie

looks like the info that is important is this:

-intel drivers

-you have patch 1.2

it is a commonly known problem with intel drivers.

try getting older ones.

Message 73 of 80 (4,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

msg to icee2301:

wait, it is intel not dell

Message 74 of 80 (4,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi all, I've been playing Tiberium Wars 3 and Kane's Wrath for a few years every now and then without issue. I've played only on Windows 7 (AMD's R9 380 card) and just a couple days ago I upgraded to Windows 10. All of a sudden those two games don't work, showing me that Exception in Exception Handler error and crashing. I'm pretty sure that the AMD driver that I have currently installed is the same one that ran the games perfectly fine the last time. So it's probably not that. I've tried reinstalling the games and running them as administrators. I've also run them in compatibility mode for all the previous versions of Windows, none of them worked. Also, I have my monitor connected to my GPU so it's using my GPU for sure. I get this thread is old and I might not get answers but I haven't managed to get the games working by myself so I hope someone can give me a hand!!

Desktop specs:

Intel's i5-2500 CPU

AMD's R9 380 GPU

8 GB of RAM

Windows 10 64-bit

Message 75 of 80 (3,247 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue.

I run AMD GPU and CPU, with no on-board or integrated graphics.

I've tried EVERY SINGLE COMPATIBILITY SETTING, etc.

still doesn't launch

Message 76 of 80 (3,232 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hey,

can you explain to me how you get in nvdia optimus settings ?

Message 77 of 80 (2,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

Using Acer Aspire E15 laptop

Specs:

Intel HD 5500 Graphics Card

i7 core processor 

Windows 10.

I have read through all your comments and tried every single solution from downloading the DirectX program, extracting files and all that NOTHING HAS WORKED. I downloaded tiberium wars and kanes wrath from steam, spent my money and still get the exception in exception handler error message. Someone please help me play this game, I have been trying for months and keep getting frustrated when I see other people get it to work but it just never works for me.

Any other suggestions will help. 

P.S I have also tried installing the Intel 4400 HD Graphics driver as well but i keep getting an error message saying that its not compatible with my laptop. So please someone help me Frown

Message 78 of 80 (2,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@NyergudsOkay, a little late to the party but I was having the same problem just now and tried everything, from compatibility mode to changing the settings in Nvidia Control Panel, the DXSETUP solution, rolling back intel drivers, nothing worked.

That is until I read this on a steam forum about also putting cnc3ep1.dat in high performance in your AMD or Nvidia software. And it finally worked. Dunno which combination of it is responsible for it finally working, but that last part is definitely a must (at least for anyone rocking a laptop with Intel 4th gen).

Decided to log on here just to post this reply in hopes that you add it to the edit above, since this is the first result when googling this error (the steam message was more than an hour down the rabbit hole).

Anyway, time to play some Kane's Wrath!

Message 79 of 80 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Albert_Aizen Well, that simply means that you make sure the program doesn't use the Intel integrated graphics card that causes the issue, but will instead use the dedicated graphics card you have on your system.

It won't help people who only have the Intel HD card, though.

But yes, that is worth adding, I guess.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 80 of 80 (1,193 Views)