Kane's Wrath "Fatal Error - Exception in Exception Handler"

by GDI-Steel-Talons

Original Post

Re: Kane's Wrath "Fatal Error - Exception in Exception Handler"

★★ Novice

Holly *! It worked. You sir are a saint! 

Message 41 of 80 (5,777 Views)

Hero

@MrKrustenkaese Ah, nice! This had already been suggested, but it's nice to see it confirmed, with a specific link, even Standard smile

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 42 of 80 (5,777 Views)

★ Novice
@MrKrustenkaese What kind of computer do you have? I have a lenovo Yoga 2 pro, so lenovo has its own drivers available for download. I'm not sure if downloading an older driver from intel would damage my machine since lenovo do their own versions. Can someone help me out? If the old drivers would be fine I would download in a heartbeat!
Message 43 of 80 (5,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@GrimWrapper wrote:
@MrKrustenkaeseWhat kind of computer do you have? I have a lenovo Yoga 2 pro, so lenovo has its own drivers available for download. I'm not sure if downloading an older driver from intel would damage my machine since lenovo do their own versions. Can someone help me out? If the old drivers would be fine I would download in a heartbeat!

Hi,

i have a Lenovo G50 with Intel Core i3-4030U CPU (1.9 GHz) and 4 GB Ram.

My graphic chip is an Intel HD 4400. Not the best hardware for Kanes Wrath (hard lags when you build more than 100 units) but

for online gaming it works well.

And there are no problems with the old driver...

Message 44 of 80 (5,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have a lenovo G40 and with the exact same damn error. 

I have installed the AMD graphic driver. then after installation, I right-clicked the desktop --> configure switchable graphics --> assigned the 'High Performance' to the CNC KR .exe file and no more errors.

Hope this helps.

Laith

Message 45 of 80 (4,993 Views)

★ Novice

same problem help!

Message 46 of 80 (4,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion lihar1. I had the same issue with an NVIDIA Quadro graphics card on Windows 10. For some reason, per default C&C3KW chooses the Intel HD graphics card an it will crash before running the game. Doing as you suggest (choosing to use the NVIDIA graphics card per default in the NVIDIA Control Panel) solves the problem :-)

Message 47 of 80 (4,026 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this problem and tried several solutions, with nothing working.  I have uninstalled both game and origin, gotten the updates (though I do not know how to update the drivers) and still getting the same error.  I have an HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC with Intel Core i7.

Message 48 of 80 (3,727 Views)

Hero

@musiclovelife_me

Um. Only updating your drivers will solve this issue.

If you don't know how to do that... either get professionals to help you with it, or just google around a bit.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 49 of 80 (3,723 Views)

★ Novice

I've updated my drivers, gotten the Directx update as well, and I'm still receiving the same error unfortunately.

Message 50 of 80 (3,697 Views)