Re: I have C&C First Decade

by welshno1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I have C&C First Decade

★★ Newbie

is there a special driver needed to play this game in windows 10?

Message 1 of 4 (22,107 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AbC7396a7941011 Well, given the fact Microsoft decommissioned the DRM system used by TFD, it's very likely the games won't start at all. However, they will install fine, and for running them, there are workarounds.

The easiest workaround is the unofficial v1.03 patch for TFD. It will give no-DVD patches to all games in the pack, as far as I know:

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/17034-download-guide-for-the-cc-the-first-decade-unofficial-patch/

While there haven't been any more updates on the TFD v1.03 patch after Revision 4, the patch development on the games themselves hasn't stopped since then, so after installing the TFD patch, it's advised to further upgrade your games using these patches:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve the "black screen" issue.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and the game should work.

Note that I'm honestly not sure how well C&C Generals and Renegade run on Windows 10. If you have further specific problems with any of the games, please do post them here.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (26,505 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AbC7396a7941011 Well, given the fact Microsoft decommissioned the DRM system used by TFD, it's very likely the games won't start at all. However, they will install fine, and for running them, there are workarounds.

The easiest workaround is the unofficial v1.03 patch for TFD. It will give no-DVD patches to all games in the pack, as far as I know:

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/17034-download-guide-for-the-cc-the-first-decade-unofficial-patch/

While there haven't been any more updates on the TFD v1.03 patch after Revision 4, the patch development on the games themselves hasn't stopped since then, so after installing the TFD patch, it's advised to further upgrade your games using these patches:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve the "black screen" issue.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and the game should work.

Note that I'm honestly not sure how well C&C Generals and Renegade run on Windows 10. If you have further specific problems with any of the games, please do post them here.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (26,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks

Message 3 of 4 (20,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey c&c generals and  generals zero hour don't  wrk on windows  10  I have tryd for some time  

Message 4 of 4 (10,156 Views)