How to change resolution in C&C Renegade

by sniperwolf10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to change resolution in C&C Renegade

★★★ Newbie

hi i used to play renegade through the first decade but now i have the ultimate collection through origin and can no longer find the calibration tool to change the res and it cant be done ingame

if anyone knows how to do this please let me know

Message 1 of 12 (14,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to change resolution in C&C Renegade

★★★ Newbie

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Renegade\WWConfig.exe

Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (15,345 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Standard smile 

Message 2 of 12 (15,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this (needs to be run as administrator btw), but when launching renagade it just gets overwritten again

Message 3 of 12 (14,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Problem isn't solved!! How to change it, goddamnit?!..

Message 4 of 12 (13,033 Views)

Hero

Disable auto-update in Origin. It resets the config files in the game folders.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 5 of 12 (12,965 Views)

★★★ Novice

It still won't work for me either. Auto updates off, run as admin. still reverts back. Is the special way of setting it up, for higher resolutions?

Message 6 of 12 (12,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok figured it out, you need to select WWConfig.exe then right click properties. then select for all users, check only "run as admin", apply. Then ok make sure run as admin is selected again. apply then ok.  then run WWConfig.exe as admin. by selecting it then right click run as admin. then make your changes go back to game to see your changes...

Thank you, friis83

Message 7 of 12 (12,099 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thx mate real life saver

Message 8 of 12 (11,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't find this file at all at my PC (Win 7)
All I find is this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun
and C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II and 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW

I can't find the location on Origin where the game is saved. I been searching now for more than an hour Frown

Someone can help me please? 

Message 9 of 12 (11,213 Views)

Hero

@Pelistara

Open the Origin menu and select "Application Settings". In the settings screen, go to the "Advanced" section. Copy the address in the grey box, paste it in your Windows file explorer's address bar, and press [enter]. In the folder where you end up you will see the actual installation folders of your games.

If there is no Renegade folder in there, I can only assume you didn't actually install C&C: Renegade...

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 10 of 12 (11,136 Views)