Got a question about downloading the COllection to my PC

by isvin90

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Got a question about downloading the COllection to my PC

★★ Novice

Hello,

I've got some questions to ask ,

I just got my C&C Ultimate collection and got the redeem code, and I know how the process works as a friend of mine also got it and downloaded the games on his laptop.  He choose to start with Tiberian SUn, , nvm ,  , Anyways back to my question build up. . .

I just said I also bought the Collection, but before downloading I want to be sure about something..

----->>> I have a desktop PC currently which is pretty crap in SPec. .  AND I do not think I will install any of the the games on my Desktop. ..   BUT

I am getting a new high Spec laptop later this month. .  AND just wanted to ask , if I download the games on my desktop? Can I burn them on DVD. . And then  install them on the Laptop?  

ALso, If I cannot wait and get too exited, can I install the some game out of the 17 on my desktop , then  also install it on my laptop so that I can play on my laptop?  Is there a way to transfer the license or whatever play rights to a laptop. . .. . I don't care if I wont be able to play on my desktop anymore,  Coz I really want to play the games,  but I got no choice but to play on my desktop for a while , ,, then move over to my soon to arrive Laptop

Last question: Do the redeem codes have any Expiry date?   Or are the infinite, as in can I use them at a later date, , e.g.. After a month  (asking this, coz just curious, and its a friend's question who isn't bothered to log in to find out)

Message 1 of 6 (1,288 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Got a question about downloading the COllection to my PC

★ Pro

>I can download the game as many times as i want on whatever computer as long as i do it through my origin account that i user to redeem the Code for the ultimate collection. .

Yes.

>This means I can install the games on more than One computer, but the only way to play is once i log into my origin account and then simply play the game on any computer i want. .

Yes.

>Thanks in advance  I hope is a yes so that i can rush and install the games right now on my desktop for the time being to keep myself occupied for a few days lol .

No problem, now go play the game!

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,482 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

Have you used Steam? It's the same system in general.

Once you buy the game they are permanently tied to your Origin account. You can download them to any computer at any time, on as many computers as you want. Provided you log in with your Origin account on the Origin client. The codes also won't expire, ever.

Message 2 of 6 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

SORRY:: I wrote all the earlier before this edit was while half asleep, so did not read ur reply, SO now its all down to a yes/no question. .

What i understood from your reply previously is that, I can download the game as many times as i want on whatever computer as long as i do it through my origin account that i user to redeem the Code for the ultimate collection. . .  This means I can install the games on more than One computer, but the only way to play is once i log into my origin account and then simply play the game on any computer i want. .   SO please jsut a Yes/No answer , with any clarification if need be will be greatly appreciated. Standard smile   Thanks in advance   I hope is a yes so that i can rush and install the games right now on my desktop for the time being to keep myself occupied for a few days lol .

Message 3 of 6 (1,276 Views)

★ Pro

>I can download the game as many times as i want on whatever computer as long as i do it through my origin account that i user to redeem the Code for the ultimate collection. .

Yes.

>This means I can install the games on more than One computer, but the only way to play is once i log into my origin account and then simply play the game on any computer i want. .

Yes.

>Thanks in advance  I hope is a yes so that i can rush and install the games right now on my desktop for the time being to keep myself occupied for a few days lol .

No problem, now go play the game!

Message 4 of 6 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did it ever work for you? I'm asking because i am trying to do the same thing. However my previous games only show  up on the original laptop. They wont show up in my library to download them on the new one. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I asked a simple question how do I download c&c the ultimate collection and this site is no help so now I have a game I can't play if I don't get an answer I will return the game get my money back and never do business with this company again.

Message 6 of 6 (939 Views)