Generals Zero Hour 'Insert First Game Disc'

by jonhorty23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Generals Zero Hour 'Insert First Game Disc'

★★★ Newbie

I've just downloaded the 17 C&C games from Origin and want to play Generals Zero Hour.  I've downloaded the original Generals game and Zero Hour but when I try to load Zero Hour, it tells me that I need to insert the first game disc.  Obviously I can't do that as I've only got the download.  

I'm trying to run the game on Windows 7. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (62,074 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Generals Zero Hour 'Insert First Game Disc'

Community Manager

I see. Just so we're on the same page, you're launching the Generals & ZH pack from the Origin menu, then choosing ZH from the pop-up, at which point it prompts you for the disc?

Can you try restarting your computer with a Clean Boot, and reinstall the pack in that mode. This is to ensure that there's nothing interfering with the install process, which might be the cause of this issue.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (68,719 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I see that after 2 months you haven't gotten a reply, but did you ever figure anything out? I'm having the same issue.

Message 2 of 8 (61,932 Views)

Community Manager

Hi stefferz,

If you're still seeing this, try repairing the install, it should resolve the issue. To do so, right click on the game panel and choose "repair install".

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 8 (61,916 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for responding.  I tried the repair install a few times and that did not make the game able to play.  Zero Hour still asks me to input the disc.

Message 4 of 8 (61,910 Views)

Community Manager

I see. Just so we're on the same page, you're launching the Generals & ZH pack from the Origin menu, then choosing ZH from the pop-up, at which point it prompts you for the disc?

Can you try restarting your computer with a Clean Boot, and reinstall the pack in that mode. This is to ensure that there's nothing interfering with the install process, which might be the cause of this issue.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 8 (68,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this problem now, no solution is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Command-Conquer-The-Ultimate/Common-Problems-Read-This-Before-Posting/m-p/1...

Why does a digital download have CD checks?

How sloppy were they with implementing this?

They need to put all files required by the game into the installation and remove all traces of CD requirement, if that means finding and changing data location references then so be it.

Two months is disgusting by the way, also I think it would have been buried forever if it wasn't for that second post.

Message 6 of 8 (61,896 Views)

★ Novice

I uninstalled the game, restarted in safe mode with networking, redownloaded and installed the game, and it Zero Hour worked without asking for the disc.

Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 8 (61,835 Views)

★ Novice

Well done friend. You did it.

Thank you for other people 

finally helping you/us too.

Message 8 of 8 (51,791 Views)