Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

dont have ssleay32.dll. origin repairs and says its fine. Its NOT!

by chin12345

Original Post

Continuously getting an error of "missing ssleay32.dll" when i try to play command & conquer ultimate collection

★★★ Newbie

i am getting the following error (Missing required file "ssleay32.dll") when i try to play any of the games in Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection. 

I have  Window 7 Home Premium 64 bit running on a Core i5 with 4 GB RAM and a 1GB Graphic card Radeon HD 5470.

I really liked command & conquer and bought this ultimate collection as it said that it would work on windows 7 but it seems theres a problem. PLEASE HELP

Message 13 of 33 (7,723 Views)

problem with red alert 2 and red alert yuri revenge

★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue with red alert 2 and red alert yuri's revenge. when i launch the game i can't see any of the visual stuff and when it gets to the main screen none of the button show up. When i tried to repair it, it said that i was missing something called ssleay32.dll or something like that. Is there something im doing wrong here?

Message 1 of 33 (8,335 Views)

Re: problem with red alert 2 and red alert yuri revenge

★★★ Guide

Is this the Ultimate Collection version?

Message 2 of 33 (8,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with RA2/Yuri from The Ultimate Collection. Generals and other games from the TUC work but RA2/Yuri have problems displaying the movies and menu options. I get sound from the movies but no picture and the menu backgrounds but no text.

Message 3 of 33 (8,285 Views)

missing files for C&C TS

★★ Newbie

ive reinstalled the game 3 times and keep getting the same message, missing file ssleay32.dll file. anyways to fix this?

Message 4 of 33 (7,433 Views)

Re: missing files for C&C TS

★★★ Guide

Try running it as an administrator.

Message 5 of 33 (7,425 Views)

★★★ Guide

Try running it as an admin.

Message 6 of 33 (8,249 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Have tried running this as admin and in compatabiity mode and still no visuals only audio. Is the exact same problem i had with RA2 from TFD and Win 7, i bought the UC thinking it had been fixed and I would be able to play on win 7! any ideas?

Message 7 of 33 (8,233 Views)

How to make the games work on windows 7 64bit?

★★★★ Newbie

I bought the ultimate collection and now I get the same problems that occur when trying to play The First Decade on windows 7 64bit.

I'm a computer noob so I don't have much of an idea what I'm supposed to do to make the games work after downloading and installing through origins.

Message 8 of 33 (8,205 Views)

Generals not working

★★ Newbie

I downloaded c&c generals and installed the game,but when I try and play it I get the message: "missing required file ssleay32.dll"! I tried doing repair install and after I still got the same message,what can I do to fix it?

Message 9 of 33 (7,381 Views)

blue-ea-promo

Check Xbox, PlayStation™, and PC server status

Here's how to check server status for Xbox LIVE, PlayStation™Network, and PC on our help site.

How are my game's servers doing?

ea-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Connection troubleshooting steps

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help