Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars login failed - can't connect to server

by cruel_frames

Original Post

Re: Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars login failed - can't connect to server

★ Novice

Same issue after several attempts downloading with install error 1603 now finally working but can't connect to server on launch .

Message 21 of 42 (2,304 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue 2 years later, EA/Origin shouldn't be selling it if they cannot fix the issue!

Message 22 of 42 (2,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem occurs in Poland. I was able to play the game about month ago but now I have to login. Doesn't matter what I type. I got always "Nie można uzyskać połączenia z serwerem. Spróbuj ponownie za kilka minut." which means "Can not connect to the server. Please try again in a few minutes. 

EA should fix this problem!

Message 23 of 42 (2,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bubon2000 Are you talking about game activation, or about multiplayer?

Game activation can apparently be solved by going into the game folder and starting CNC3.exe directly instead of going through the Origin client.

As for multiplayer, the official servers for C&C3 went down with GameSpy; you need the community servers at C&C: Online to play on the internet.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 24 of 42 (2,136 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds

Thank you for your answer.

I'm talking about game activation.

Game was already activated months ago, but suddenly, without any reason I was asked to log in into my EA account to activate the game.

Just little window popped up asking for login and password.

Although I type my login and password into form  I always get: "Can not connect to the server. Please try again in a few minutes. "

I tried to run CNC3.exe directly from folder but it didn't work. Login form appeared again asking for my EA login and password.

My other origin games work well, I can log into EA account through www.origin.com or Origin application (origin.exe).

Message 25 of 42 (2,123 Views)

Hero

@bubon2000

@bubon2000 wrote:

@Nyerguds

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to run CNC3.exe directly from folder but it didn't work. Login form appeared again asking for my EA login and password. 

Well, yes, that's normal. Did you give it? It shouldn't change the way things are supposed to work, but if you do it from the directly-launched exe, it should succeed there. That's all.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 26 of 42 (2,107 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds

Although I type my login and password into form  I always get: "Can not connect to the server. Please try again in a few minutes. "

Message 27 of 42 (2,099 Views)

Hero

@bubon2000Did you try first opening Origin, keeping it open, and then starting the cnc3.exe?

Message 28 of 42 (2,085 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds Yes I did. It didn't help.

It seems that "activation servers" are unavailable, because when I type rubbish instead of login and password I get the same message: "Can not connect to the server. Please try again in a few minutes. " 

My origin client has just been updated to version Wersja 10.0.1.30272 - 489024. Program has new interface but problem was not solved.

Message 29 of 42 (2,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bubon2000

I dunno, from what I heard it's a client-side problem, not server side. Other people have managed to get through it.

You could try fiddling around with it; see what it does if you start it without Origin already started, and if it makes a difference (in both these ways) if you specifically run cnc3.exe as administrator.

Message 30 of 42 (2,076 Views)