Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars login failed - can't connect to server

by cruel_frames

Original Post

Re: Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars login failed - can't connect to server

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem, why can't you fix this already??

Message 11 of 42 (2,626 Views)

★ Novice

So....uh...has this been fixed? Because you know, I bought the game too and, well it would be better if I could actually play it.

Message 12 of 42 (2,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has this issue been resolved yet?

Message 13 of 42 (2,443 Views)

★★★ Novice

No. I still have the same issue :D

Message 14 of 42 (2,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The year is 2015 and still not working. Maybe support have to wake up?

Message 15 of 42 (2,405 Views)

★ Novice
Buy the game from steam. That version is working. Or if you have the CD version that still working. Shame on you EA....
Message 16 of 42 (2,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you can't play online anymore in the game becouse gamespy has been bankurupt AKA the servers: gamespy compagny Standard smile

Message 17 of 42 (1,755 Views)

★ Novice
2016 here
Message 18 of 42 (1,589 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else is still having this issue, I was able to play at the end of last year (ie. 2015), but this year it is giving the same issue as noted above...

I have tried to troubleshoot this issue a little to maybe give someone else a push to take a step further, but here we go...And just so we are clear...I am running as Administrator, I have opened my firewall to all files under the C&C 3 and Origin directories, I have tried disabling my AV and firewall, Electronic Registration says that C&C3 is registered on my computer. 

I have narrowed this down to the Origin\LegacyPM set of exe. When C&C3 logs into EA/Origin, for me at least, it is attempting to use the legacy pm cli and login.exe. I have narrowed this down to the registry entries HKLM\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Core. Altering the registry to attempt to use the non-legacyPM version Of Origin, no longer returns the error, but C&C3 still does not work.

Judging by error text, the error itself is originating in the OriginLegacyCLI.exe file. I am not sure if the server that this particular instance is trying to use is defunct, but strangely enough the EACore.dll (if read through a text editor) has a wide range of urls for authorization, some work, some result in 500 errors when trying to connect via web browser.

That being said, I'm wondering if there are different legacyPM files that my computer is lacking but update doesn't detect, or if a clean install of Origin will resolve this issue...

Message 19 of 42 (1,466 Views)

★ Novice

Nope, fresh install of Origin did not work either...will keep looking into though.

Message 20 of 42 (1,452 Views)