Re: Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars login failed - can't connect to server

by bubon2000

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds

I wanted to check whether problem is on client-side or server-side.

I created virtual machine under VirtualBox 5.1.4, guest operating system: Windows 7.

I enabled DirectX support for this system.

Then, in that environment I installed Origin client. After that I downloaded C&C Tiberium Wars.

Unfortunately, after running the game I was asked for EA login and password. 

Although I type my login and password into form  I always get: "Can not connect to the server. Please try again in a few minutes. "

I think it's a server-side problem.

Message 31 of 42 (1,865 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds

I called EA phone support. They could not help me. EA activated SIMS 4 in my Origin account instead...

Message 32 of 42 (1,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie
After talking to 4 tech support people at Origin and sending them a rediculous amount of information, one guy asked me to try and change my Origin password. I changed my Origin password and used those details as the EA credential's for the game and it worked.

No longer have to log in, it was a one time thing, to activate the game.

Hope this solution helps some of you guys and save you some time. Standard smile
Message 33 of 42 (1,729 Views)

Hero

@chmelski

Oh, wow. Peculiar. Might be some problem automatically propagating passwords through their internal servers structure or something, then Raised eyebrow

Thanks for the hint. If it's confirmed to be a working solution; this might help out a lot of people.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 34 of 42 (1,600 Views)

★★ Novice

I bougth the game today in 2017, and the solutions isn't available anymore Disappointed 

Can you repost the soluton too the problem?

Message 35 of 42 (1,582 Views)

★★ Novice

The standalone CNC3 is no longer playable due to the servers shutting down and EA failing to move their authentication method elsewhere. You need to request a refund or get it changed to the ultimate/first decade collection (they should do it free).

Also if you plan to play with mods, search for the fixed mod launchers for the corresponding collection you get.

Took  me about 2-3 weeks to get a resolution to this issue.

Message 36 of 42 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Novice

>> The standalone CNC3 is no longer playable due to the servers shutting down and EA failing to move their authentication method elsewhere.

Not true Standard smile

In November 2016 I bought one again C&C - it was Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection. This version works well.

Message 37 of 42 (1,529 Views)

★ Novice

I've had the same problem. EA replaced my C&C games with the ultimate collection and I was able to launch the game again Standard smile

Message 38 of 42 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having this same problem.  I would attempt to activate the game, but it would complain that it could not access the server.  I was finally able to track down the problem to having my Origin games installed on a different drive than the Origin executable.  In order to fix this problem, I created a soft link between the default install directory, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" and my actual game install directory. This is the command I used:

mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games"  "[Actual Install Directory]"

I hope this helps,.

Message 39 of 42 (1,397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@DangerFloyd1 wrote:

I was having this same problem.  I would attempt to activate the game, but it would complain that it could not access the server.  I was finally able to track down the problem to having my Origin games installed on a different drive than the Origin executable.  In order to fix this problem, I created a soft link between the default install directory, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" and my actual game install directory. This is the command I used:

mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games"  "[Actual Install Directory]"

I hope this helps,.

Can confirm creating a soft link worked for me. Standalone Origin version of C&C3 on Win7 64-bit SP1.

Message 40 of 42 (1,239 Views)