Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection: Red Alert 2 self destruct glitch

by jarrisjnr7

Original Post

Highlighted

Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection: Red Alert 2 self destruct glitch

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought C&C: Ultimate Collection (The Origin Downloadable version) for my Origin account and have been having a problem with Red Alert 2. Every time I start a skirmish or mission, I get about 2 minutes in and then all my units self destruct and I lose. I've have looked around and found that this is because of its Copy Product protection. I bought this legally, and all the other games work and run fine. I have tried un-installing and re-downloading to no avail. Is there any way to fix this?  Its beginning to become irritating.

Message 1 of 5 (1,989 Views)

Re: Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection: Red Alert 2 self destruct glitch

★ Novice

This is the same issue I am having, and it only happens with Red Alert 2. I cannot find anything on how to fix it.

Message 2 of 5 (1,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.. doesnt occur with the expac. I self destruct with any country.

Message 3 of 5 (1,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is one of the greatest calssics. Such a shame that the staff here do not give a damn about it. Now they have the worst iteration of the game ever and if they remastered this it would make them plenty of $$$. But of course EA are ignorant in their ways now and ony care about in game sales to be able to complete games often with no end.

Message 4 of 5 (1,243 Views)

★★ Novice

From poking around on the CnCnet forums, it seems like running the launcher as an administrator should fix the problem.  Only, this isn't enabled by default by Origin (as far as I can tell) and Origin itself makes it really difficult to open the launcher for the game without using Origin directly.

I've seemed to have found an easy solution for users using Ultimate Edition.  Try patching your Launcher for Ra2:  Go to http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers/ download and run the executable file enclosed.  You hopefully shouldn't encounter the anti-piracy measures when you boot up Red Alert 2 after patching your installer this way.

Hope it helps. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,183 Views)