Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun

by daniter2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun

★★★ Newbie

I have a Windows 8 machine.  Tiberian Sun will load to the main menu just fine, but when I select "New Campaign," the game freezes and the menu disappears.  I have been unable to load the game beyond this point.  

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 54 (70,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Try to get my TS patch from here:

https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/2606-tiberian-sun-patches-fix-for-the-windows-8-10-menu-problems-and...

Make sure you remove the other TS fixes you applied before, those might cause problems with the patch

[External link restored - Nyerguds]

View in thread

Message 23 of 54 (15,061 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
Exact same problem to a T
Message 2 of 54 (70,545 Views)

★ Pro

That's weird. Does skirmish work?

Message 3 of 54 (70,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having same problem, and I hope someone will actually resolve this issue! There are 10 different downloads in the Ultimate Collection digital download set, and I have gotten all to work except Tiberian Sun & Firestorm.

Message 4 of 54 (70,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, any resolution yet?

Message 5 of 54 (70,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

1. Right click game.exe / sun.exe (either probably works) in your Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun installation folder and choose properties (works for all games in the ultimate collection)

2. Choose compatibility tab and run the program in Windows XP Service pack 3 mode

3. Check the little box below to 'run as administrator'

4. Go to your Origin installation folder and delete IGO32.dll (make a backup of it before you delete)

report back if it solves your problem!

Message 6 of 54 (84,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this and it didn't help. Is there anything else that I can do to get the games to work. Everything else in the Ultimate Collection works for me except these two games (Tiberian sun and firestorm). The game opens up to the main menu. However, the menu doesn't work after that. I can't start the campaign or go into options when I click on the buttons. I was able to get the campaign started by pressing enter. But, once the game starts and I press the esp key to save or exit.... the game freezes and crashes. I'll appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks

Message 7 of 54 (70,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

NOT FINDING THIS IGO FILE IN THE SUN FOLDER OR ANY OF THE OTHERS

Message 8 of 54 (70,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry but this doesnt work

I have win 8 and the same Problem

I want Play Tiberian Sun, please help

Message 9 of 54 (70,291 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The poblem is that the popup menu's do not show up when you click on the options, lan, skirmish, or new campian. The internet one does work and just hitting enter when you click on new campian does work, but then the popup menu for ingame options doesn't show up and it makes it look like the game is frozen.

Hope that help to find a fix for the problem.

Message 10 of 54 (70,227 Views)