Re: Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun

by hivefleet22

Original Post

★ Novice

This patch solves EVERYTHING, you should sticky it.

I know I am a year late, but even in 2016/Windows 10 this works just perfect.

TS patch, everyone!

Message 31 of 54 (7,288 Views)

★ Novice

pcobb23

your fix worked perfectly.  It's taken me over 2 years to find it.  Too bad the * at EA couldn't just add the files into the game as an update and maybe provide a fix from the beginning.

Thank you for helping all of us play what was once, and still is one of my most favorite all time games.

Message 32 of 54 (6,834 Views)

Hero

@venomous70

There's all kind of problems for EA to include third party fixes in their products; main one is that since they didn't make it, they can't make any guarantees about it, or offer support for it.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 33 of 54 (6,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know you did this a long time ago but you're a saint, Cheers my man!

Message 34 of 54 (6,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Brilliant i know its late but its awsome that it works, one slight issue every time i savevthe game freezes not a major issue but is anyone else getting this issue.
Message 35 of 54 (6,445 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

does IG32 has anything to do with 32 bit systems? like 64 bit users get igo64.dll or what?

@LayOnHoodz wrote:

1. Right click game.exe / sun.exe (either probably works) in your Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun installation folder and choose properties (works for all games in the ultimate collection)

2. Choose compatibility tab and run the program in Windows XP Service pack 3 mode

3. Check the little box below to 'run as administrator'

4. Go to your Origin installation folder and delete IGO32.dll (make a backup of it before you delete)

report back if it solves your problem!

Message 36 of 54 (6,381 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

1st, whenever I delete that IGL32 etc file, the origin program do not opens up after that showing error message that it requires an upgrade even when most recent version is installed. but when I delete igl64, then origin runs, but the issue remains same. reporting back, nothing is solved, and I don't see anybody claiming that he got the solution.

@LayOnHoodz wrote:

1. Right click game.exe / sun.exe (either probably works) in your Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun installation folder and choose properties (works for all games in the ultimate collection)

2. Choose compatibility tab and run the program in Windows XP Service pack 3 mode

3. Check the little box below to 'run as administrator'

4. Go to your Origin installation folder and delete IGO32.dll (make a backup of it before you delete)

report back if it solves your problem!

Message 37 of 54 (6,381 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
You are a life saver... you brought my childhood back to me. Thank you soooo much
Message 38 of 54 (5,845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I love you <3 Thank you 

Message 39 of 54 (5,792 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here!

Even with deinstall and re-install and Compatiblity XP (SP3) and Admin....nothing works

The next time, i will try to play the CD version in Virtualbox. Maybe this work....

Message 40 of 54 (5,632 Views)