Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (Loading is a joke!!)

by ShadowAce616

Original Post

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (Loading is a joke!!)

★ Novice

Hello Guys/Girls 

I never had this problem when I first started playing this game when I had Windows 7. The game launched well and I never had to wait 10560945689 hours for the game to load, the game launch is fine. Just when I'm at the menu (menu loading isn't that long, or though its still annoying) or when I'm in a mission and I go to load my saved game - it takes around 5 minutes to load. Yesterday was 2 minutes which was fine to me. I didn't care but now its taking forever for the game to load, I've already uninstalled the game and downloaded the TSpatch not sure if downloading that patch is the problem. However I was having problems and that's why I downloaded that patch.

Not sure what to do since I have never ran into this problem before, red alert series and the Tiberian series works fine. Just not Tiberian sun. 

Please help, thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 4 (1,708 Views)

Re: Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (Loading is a joke!!)

Hero

@ShadowAce616

Exactly what patch did you download?

These community-created patches are available for the first four games. The first three are maintained mainly by the people of the CnCNet project, so if you have any specific issues with them, you might want to ask about it on the CnCNet forums.

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve a multitude of graphics problems, including the "black screen" issue.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and try running the game again.
  • The CnCNet installer for RA2/YR is known to automatically apply a number of compatibility fixes, and it has a tool that includes several choices in graphics system patches, including the above mentioned DDWrapper.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (1,680 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, @Nyerguds

I downloaded Tiberian Sun patch, I've tried fixing the problem but nothing seems to work - I completed the story line now so I'm all good, that's all I wanted to do.

The long loading seems to only happen on missions, I don't have to wait for so long when I'm in skirmish matches. Not sure if that's normal. Anyway Thanks for your help.

Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (1,667 Views)

Hero

@ShadowAce616

Ohh. Yeah, I think long loading times on missions are a pretty normal thing, actually. And there's not much anyone at EA can do about that, 18 years after the game was made...

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (1,650 Views)